My favorite cruise breakfast----what's yours?

richard1226

On NCL I make my own version of eggs benedict. I grab an english muffin, then some spinach from the omelette bar, then a piece or two of smoked salmon, a few capers, then have them put a poached on top and finish it with some holandaise. It takes a little time going from place to place, but I do this at least 3 or 4 times each cruise.

I'll be honest in that I tend to try a little of everything :D (In general the main time I might be at buffet would be for breakfast, and there are lots of options including things that I can't get all the time.)

• 1 month later...

Here is what makes the eggs benedict on HAL so great. They are all made fresh to order in the lido with 8 different styles to choose from. I love the crab meat, mushroom and smoked salmon versions. Sometimes I got wild and mixed the mushroom and crab meat together. :)

e0f683894ea85ac05c1ceaa3cc61fefa.jpg

Edited by sherilyn70

Bagels and Lox (smoked salmon). I eat this for breakfast every day on the cruise, and never seem to get enough!!

Mark

Last time I asked for this, The waiter got it wrong. But yes it is a good breakfast.

• 8 months later...

This may sound strange. My all time favourite breakfast on a cruise has been 3 or 4 slices of plain (not toasted) american Rye bread spread with butter,cream cheese and sour cream.YUMMY. Its very hard to get rye bread where i live and whenever i go on a cruise i always ask if they carry it,sometimes but not always i can get lucky. By the way,i live in Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

Two fried egg's over easy, sausage links or patty ( I loved that Cumberland sausage I got on Cunard ) corned beef hash, fried potatoes, sourdough toast with butter, and milk and orange juice to wash it all down with.

Sometimes though I'll just have two slices of dry white toast:)

@nutleygirl.....I love the muesli on Summit! Add to that a glass of fresh squeezed OJ. I found it pretty easy to eat healthy on Summit. If I needed to indulge I would have a sugar free yogurt or in El Bacio a gluten free macaroon or sugar free cookie. I've been working on getting thin for my daughters wedding and didn't want to undo all my hard work. I managed to do pretty good and only gained 2 pounds!!!

icon_razz.gif<SNIP> Love the lox and bagels with cream cheese (substitute at home with cheese yogurt-no fat-for way less calories & just as good not to mention cheaper). Ask and I will explain how easy it is to make cheese from yogurt...Was a part-time caterer so have a little knowledge I wld enjoy sharing..Happy cruisin'!

If you're sharin', I'm askin'.:D DW always looking for ways to up the protein and pare the fat.

English muffin with bacon on top of it, a small scoop of scrambled eggs and fresh fruit.

High on the fat content, but hey..it's vacation!

Olivia Charter on the Zuiderdam 04/03/04

RCI 06/90

Hey, you need all that reserve energy--you could be stranded on a tropical paradise....:p

Here is what makes the eggs benedict on HAL so great. They are all made fresh to order in the lido with 8 different styles to choose from. I love the crab meat, mushroom and smoked salmon versions. Sometimes I got wild and mixed the mushroom and crab meat together. :)

e0f683894ea85ac05c1ceaa3cc61fefa.jpg

As my godson would say (in awe) Dayyyum! That looks tasty!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Now that I eat a low carbohydrate diet, my breakfasts will be a vegetable and cheese omelet with bacon, coffee, and some fruit.

There are lots of other low carb dishes on the ship as well. I used to get my eggs Benedict without the emulate muffin... very delicious, especially if they offer seafood options. quiche without the crust as well.

Got to have some capers on bagel and lox.

Another favorite for me. Nice choice. [emoji4]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 7 edge using Tapatalk.

Scottish Kippers with fried onions in the MDRs on Norwegian. Just enough oil/grease to take away any health benefits. :) They're the main reason I'm up for breakfast on vacation!

Glad you mentioned the kippers. Next time you're cruisin', make your kipper breakfast a 'double order'. Extra yummy!