Maya Chan beach club mexico

umpisoccer

Yes, we loved it,a few things to know:

The food and service is great.

Drinks flow generously.

Providing the weather is good, they have kayaks and snorkeling and will guide you on these activities.

It feels secluded and tropical.

There is a lot of seaweed and there also is a lot of plastic debris washing ashore. I had read an article from the LA Times about the problem that exists throughout miles of beach at the southern Yucatan Peninsula, "The peninsula happens to sit along the path of regional currents that act like an aquatic conveyor, carrying a steady stream of plastic garbage from the Caribbean and Central and South America. Much of the flotsam washes ashore in and around Mahahual, a small but growing beach town about 40 miles north of the Belize border." We noticed a man with a wheel barrow doing some clean-up, but occasionally there was the sight of stuff floating in the water. The weather was very windy and the water was choppy so we never got in the water.

There is no pool.

It's not real close to port, they brought our group back to port area but were not allowed to drop us off in the taxi area, but it was across the street, so if this situation is unchanged you may have to walk more than what you might like.

It was a short day in port for us, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

DSC01186-vi.jpg

DSC01187-vi.jpg

DSC01193-vi.jpg

DSC01227-vi.jpg

DSC01247-vi.jpg

DSC01322-vi.jpg

We second what everyone has said; we decided on our cruise next February based largely on the fact that it goes to Costa Maya and we will be able to return to Maya Chan!

P.S. Ask about the tree house when you book, we reserved it, what a great time!

Edited by ecarbine
Added post script

Yes, we loved it,a few thpokm0pings to know:

The food and service is great.

Drinks flow generously.

Providing the weather is good, they have kayaks and snorkeling and will guide you on these activities.

It feels secluded and tropical.

There is a lot of seaweed and there also is a lot of plastic debris washing ashore. I had read an article from the LA Times about the problem that exists throughout miles of beach at the southern Yucatan Peninsula, "The peninsula happens to sit along the path of regional currents that act like an aquatic conveyor, carrying a steady stream of plastic garbage from the Caribbean and Central and South America. Much of the flotsam washes ashore in and around Mahahual, a small but growing beach town about 40 miles north of the Belize border." We noticed a man with a wheel barrow doing some clean-up, but occasionally there was the sight of stuff floating in the water. The weather was very windy and the water was choppy so we never got in the water.

There is no pool.

It's not real close to port, they brought our group back to port area but were not allowed to drop us off in the taxi area, but it was across the street, so if this situation is unchanged you may have to walk more than what you might like.

It was a short day in port for us, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

DSC01186-vi.jpg

DSC01187-vi.jpg

DSC01193-vi.jpg

DSC01227-vi.jpg

DSC01247-vi.jpg

DSC01322-vi.jpg

Ugo

I

Has anyone visited the00 Maopppuya Chan beach club all inclusive resort on Costa Maya mexico? It looks very nice online bjjjjmjjujjjt is not mentioned in many posts about possible resorts to visit. jjjjjThaunks.[/QU O7k7mm75mm666mmmTE]lll

0ioo

Have you searched through the forum? I've posted several times about this resort.

It is wonderful They provide taxi to and from the resort.! Folks that own it are so nice and are constantly prepping and cleaning the beach. Food is fantastic! Massages relaxing. And bar service out to your floatie in the sea...priceless!

Just adding another positive opinion on this place. Very quiet, very well maintained, excellent service all around. The date we booked was full, so the owner booked us in his private treehouse, which was awesome!

In the end, we got a beach spot because a few groups cancelled due the seaweed. The amount of seaweed is the only downside, but from everything I've read, if there is seaweed, the representative near the cruise terminal will ask if you'd still like to go. If you decide to cancel, you get a full refund.

We're going back for the third time in January! I can't imagine going to Costa Maya and not going there! We had a chance to cruise with the owners, Mark and Jane, a couple of years ago and they are great! Their son David does a great job of running the resort an the whole staff is fantastic!

We are totally loving Maya Chan for our first visit through all of the next 6-7 visits.

Their service is excellent; food and drinks also incredible and they cannot do enough to make you feel like you are at home in their resort.

Yes, there is seaweed depending on winds and tides but I manage around that.

We like to sit in their floating chairs and their wonderful staff bring drinks to you.

You receive specific instructions on where to walk outside the port area (filled with tourist junk) to their vans and taxis. Always hate to leave but glad there are places like this that never change their exceptional level of quality.

Thanks Mark and family and staff for this special place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Tell me more about the "tree house". How many people does it accommodate? Do you have to climb up in it? Do they just have certain types of alcoholic drinks for a full bar?

The folks at Maya Chan were great but I was not able to get a Mimosa (or anything with sparkling/fizzy wine). In their defense, they have to haul in their supplies from a long way away. Things are nice but somewhat rustic.

Edited by AdoraBelle

Tell me more about the "tree house". How many people does it accommodate? Do you have to climb up in it? Do they just have certain types of alcoholic drinks for a full bar?

The tree house fits two people. There is a rather steep set of stairs that you do need to climb to get up to it; however, you won't have to go up and down much except to go to the bathroom, get lunch, or if you want to get into the water. The servers will bring all your drinks and snacks right up to you as frequently as you need.

The bar seemed full, but as the previous poster mentioned, there may be some limitations. I am fairly certain they had every standard type of alcohol and mixer - perhaps just not champagnes, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked Maya Chan for our Costa Maya day based on all of these posts, pictures online and correspondence with the owner. I can't wait. I may be more excited about this day than the whole cruise. :) Or at least equally.

I booked this place for our March Freedom cruise. How should I tip? Is there a final credit card slip with a tip line at the end of the day? Or should I tip each time they bring food/drink? Should I bring cash?

I booked this place for our March Freedom cruise. How should I tip? Is there a final credit card slip with a tip line at the end of the day? Or should I tip each time they bring food/drink? Should I bring cash?

There's a tip box you pass as you're leaving the bar area towards the parking lot, like a white mailbox IIRC. I put some cash in there.