Costa Maya suggested Day Resorts

mollybax

Our port of call for October 2016 changed from Labadee to a Costa Maya and I am looking to relax at an all inclusive beach resort. I want to have a day to just relax at a great beach, perhaps have a beach cabana. Please provide suggestions.

Thanks,

MollyBax

Our port of call for October 2016 changed from Labadee to a Costa Maya and I am looking to relax at an all inclusive beach resort. I want to have a day to just relax at a great beach, perhaps have a beach cabana. Please provide suggestions.

Thanks,

MollyBax

A group of us are going here on our cruise on Liberty in October:

http://costamayabeachresort.com/

"Our all-inclusive beach break has been designed for the discerning cruiser who might not want to adhere to the strict regimen of a shore excursion. There is no need to rush off the ship to secure a spot in the shade, as this Costa Maya location reserves your spot ahead of time and holds it for you until you arrive. Our glass bottom kayaks are available for use all day, as well as our complimentary snorkel gear. Lunch is served fresh and hot off the grill, when you are ready to eat, not on a preplanned schedule. It’s YOUR vacation. Own It."

EDIT to add: It has good reviews on Trip Advisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g499450-d3844947-Reviews-Maya_Chan_Beach-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Edited by rhuntington3

Here is a vote for Maya Chan. We have been there twice and are going back in a few weeks. It s a great day. Limited people, great food, unlimited drinks, superb staff.

One of our favorite places.

mac_tlc

Here is a vote for Maya Chan. We have been there twice and are going back in a few weeks. It s a great day. Limited people, great food, unlimited drinks, superb staff.

mac_tlc

Agreed, Maya Chan beach is wonderful.... loved our visit there before and will be there again this month. Great food and drinks, nice people!

http://costamayabeachresort.com

Another vote for Maya Chan. We went there a few years ago on a Norwegian cruise and are going back in December on our RCCL Oasis cruise. We already have our reservation.

Hubby loved it and thought it was our best excursion and he doesn't even like beaches. He was so relaxed and got to sit in the shade. I got to sit in the sun. We were both in heaven.

We go to the Tropicante.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g499450-d1421462-Reviews-Tropicante_Ameri_Mex_Grill-Mahahual_Costa_Maya_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Will be going back in November. It is pay as you go but our bill is never more than $40. You can get massages on the beach for next to nothing. The owner, Steve, is friendly and will talk your ear off if you want to converse. He lets his customers use his phone in the restaurant to call home at no charge, which I loved.

You do need to take a cab there but its less than 10 minutes and it only cost us $5 each way and that was tip included. There are little shops along there if you want to browse and I did not find anyone pushy.

You can check it out, may not be what your looking for but for us its perfect.

We have done Maya Chan twice and this Oct are trying a new place. It is called Big Mama's beach club. Same all inclusive style as Maya Chan's . Any one been there yet? It is booked through Jailai who has tours all over the caribbean. Will post a review for those interested on the Costa Maya board when we get back.

You can't beat almaplena. We were the only 8 people on the beautiful beach for miles other than the 2 couples staying at the resort. The food was delicious as well as the drinks. You have a personal waiter. Taxi services are arranged through almaplena. It truly was amazing.

mac_tlc

Strongly considering MC for our October cruise. What time were you picked up and what time did you return to the ship?

You can't beat almaplena. We were the only 8 people on the beautiful beach for miles other than the 2 couples staying at the resort. The food was delicious as well as the drinks. You have a personal waiter. Taxi services are arranged through almaplena. It truly was amazing.

We absolutely loved our stay at Almaplena, and we too were the only group there (six of us) other than a few people staying there. Felt like a private oasis. Not a lot of activities, music, etc..., but that's what we liked about it. I think they take a maximum of 20 outside guests per day.

Food is outstanding, drinks are fresh, and Bella (the resident dog) is a blast to play with. The oceanside massage is out of this world good and extremely affordable. The owner and staff were all friendly too.

We got a tour of some of the rooms and plan on heading there for a land based vacation in the future.

Dan.

Strongly considering MC for our October cruise. What time were you picked up and what time did you return to the ship?

Transportation to and from Maya Chan is included. They are waiting for you when the ship docks, I think we may have waited 10 minutes or so. On the return, just give the staff 30 minutes notice when you want to go back to the ship and they will arrange transportation.

mac_tlc

Transportation to and from Maya Chan is included. They are waiting for you when the ship docks, I think we may have waited 10 minutes or so. On the return, just give the staff 30 minutes notice when you want to go back to the ship and they will arrange transportation.

mac_tlc

We dock at 8 am. Do we need to be out there that early or can we arrange a pick up of say, 10 am?