Nice beach close to Ocho Rios

rocks

Hi!

Hubby & I will be in Ocho Rios in Dec. We have done the Falls before & would like to spend the day at beach this time.

Are there any hotels that let cruisers use their beach for the day? We would want one close to the dock.

Any advice will be appreciated!

THANKS!

rocks

Right at the peir in ocho rios is Jimmy Buffets margeritaville.It has a nice little beach in front:cool: of the resturant and is only a 5 minute walk from the boat.If you go to the margeritaville website and find the lost salt shaker you can print them out for free margaritas or soda's-just remember to start at the begining and click on everything,i've found the shaker in the clothing ,menus...it moves around.Good luck.

Turtle Beach is nearby and the walk was less than ten minutes from the main pier but if you are at the wharehouse pier you will need a taxi. We had a good time in Ocho Rios, my wife went to the Island Village area to do some shopping and to get her hair braided and I went for a Red Stripe at Margaritaville.

After shopping we went to Turtle Beach for the rest of the day. The fee to use the beach was $1 and chairs were $5 and drinks were very reasonable. We sat near a little hut were they had snacks and drinks. Be careful of the rum punch, they were powerful, yea mon, we be jammin!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/ZefH/Dock.jpg

Archived