BZ vs. Cave-tubing.com (aka Butts up)

vertad

Hello everyone,

Looking to do the cave tubing and zip lining tour in Belize, however unsure of which company to book with. Prices are the same (75) and I've heard that tubing and zip lining are all done at the same place. If I could get some good or bad recommendations for either company that would be great!

As well the boat is at port from 9-5 that day...is that enough time to do both?

• 2 weeks later...

We just did cavetubing with BZ and LOVED it. I highly, highly recommend them. We had an excellent time and the tour was thorough and fun. We only did the cavetubing though, so I can't help with the ziplining aspect. Good luck!

We also did a cave tube with cavetubing.bz. We really enjoyed it. We did not zip line. On the way to the tubing area you pass their place where they take you ziplining so it was right on the way. It's on the same road where there lunch facility was as well. I would think you would have time for both, but check with them to make sure. Lunch was tasty and was waiting for us when we were finished tubing. They were very conscious of ship times and got us back in plenty of time.

• 2 months later...

We have went with .bz twice now and they are amazing. I would highly recommend them and the excursion also comes with a stop at their place for lunch after tubing.

Yes, the ziplining place is right there where you cave tube as well. (They were building it when we were there, so we didn't get to try it).

I have 2 reviews with pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested in reading about our day(s) there. :)

Another fan of cavetubing.bz They were all we hoped for. Robin was our guide, and he was great. They had our tubes there waiting for us (others on the trail were carrying their), took us through another cave by starting further up river, drifted down the river further (all the way back to the parking area), fed us lunch and rum punch. I didn't see where they cut any corners on service. They seemed to go the extra mile in pretty much every aspect.

The cruise ship excursion seemed to cut every corner and charged about 120 dollars vs. bz who only charged 50 dollars.

We had an amazing time with Butts Up just last month. It was fun, informative, and safe. The booking process was easy and I received email confirmation quickly. The free lunch they provide was great, too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just returned from Princess Cruise and we did the Cave-tubing with .bz...they were everything we could have hoped for and more...We did not have to carry our tubes during the very comfortable walk, ask if we wanted to take the longer extra cave (and did) new tubes, great guides and wonderful food. The young men paddle and pulled out big white butts all the way down the river. Water was low but only a few butts up locations.

As for Zip line, tubing was enough for us. I think zip and tubing might be too rushed to be able to get it all in.

Edited by hawkinsmartin

I see the .bz comes with free lunch. Does anyone know what the meal is? Also is the rum punch any good?

Chicken with rice/beans and cole slaw...all home made and very yummy. They will let you have as much as you'd like. We always have 2 plates. Drinks are also included: you can have coke, orange, rum punch. Yes, the rum punch is good or at least like every other rum punch I have ever had on any excursion. :)

P5130477-L.jpg

I see different shore excursions for cave tubing in Belize, some mention Crystal Caves others don't.. is there really just one river for this or are there more than one site, and if so what is the difference in driving and trekking time to each.. Thanks

I see different shore excursions for cave tubing in Belize, some mention Crystal Caves others don't.. is there really just one river for this or are there more than one site, and if so what is the difference in driving and trekking time to each.. Thanks

The place that most of the companies that serve the cruise ship people are located at Caves Branch, which is at Nohoch Cheen Reserve.

There are only two caves in Belize to cavetube in. From what I have gathered, Caves Branch is the one everyone goes with because of the time limit in the port and the driving time involved. :confused: Also it is most suited for people that can't do strenuous activities.

I'm thinking maybe Crystal Caves is an actual "cave" and you hike in it, not tube in the water, then you move on to the tubing part.

Here is something I found about it:

Cave Tubing has become very popular in the country of Belize, being one of the few countries in the world to offer this type of adventure, very unique and tourist most favorite expedition. Even here in Belize there is only two parks where cave tubing can be done 1. Nohoch che’en Archeological Reserve 2. St. Herman’s Blue Hole National Park. Nohoch che’en better known as Caves branch Archeological Reserve or Jaguar Paw is very famous due to the amount of cruise ship passengers going for cave tubing adventures, that site is more for cruise ship passengers

St.Herman’s Blue Hole National Park are just for over night visitors, not for cruise ship passengers, our tours are very private.

Hi Mitsugirly! Thank you for your info and your reviews. I think I've read them all a handful of times. Question about the ride to and from the caves. I heard it's a long ride. Can you confirm how long it takes?? Thanks again!!

Honestly, it's probably around an hour??? BUT they make it so interesting along the right with both very interesting facts about Belize, themselves, and they keep things so light and funny...then there's the stops along the way sometimes when they get out to get you some fruit to try, that it really doesn't seem that long of a ride. It goes by quick because you are so busy taking in information that boom, you are there. Of course it's like any other ride, on the way back to the port, it seems a lot quicker. :D

Subscribing to this post as I would love RECENT feedback on butts up (cave-tubing dot com)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i did the cave-tubing with buts up last week!...we had a great time our guides where awesome.It was a bit of a walk to get to the caves but it was beautiful walking there.you book it before hand but don't pay to back on the bus heading back for lunch!..we paid 180 for 4 of us and got more time in the caves then people who booked on the ship and they had us back 2 hours before ship was to leave..I would highly recommend BUTTS UP!

• 2 weeks later...

We did ziplining and ATV with cave-tubing (butts up). The day we were there it had been raining and the caves were closed because the water was too high. They were offering the people who had booked cave tubing the option of switching to ATV riding and ziplining. The ziplining was fantastic. A little bit of a walk to get to the first line. There were probably about 6 lines. The guides were very friendly, helpful and informative. We were back from the excursion with plenty of time to shop at the port and we were still back on the ship early. I recommend them. I just booked cave tubing with them for our next cruise.

Question on the cave tubing and zip lines. Traveling with 3 18 year olds. Will the cave tubing and zip lines be fun for them. I'm 47 so floating down a river sounds great, but hard to know what 18 year old boys will find fun? I know other here travel with teenagers, opinions?:rolleyes:

Question on the cave tubing and zip lines. Traveling with 3 18 year olds. Will the cave tubing and zip lines be fun for them. I'm 47 so floating down a river sounds great, but hard to know what 18 year old boys will find fun? I know other here travel with teenagers, opinions?:rolleyes:

I think it would all depend on the teen and their interest. If I was you, I would love up some videos on youtube and show them what it's like and see their thoughts. Maybe that will give them a good idea of what it's about. Some teens enjoy doing different things other than a beach day, some like experiencing the culture, while others could be bored. It all depends on the individual IMO.

Mistugirly, Been thinking about it. We have beach days and snorkling, Even a dolphin swim booked. I had decided that even though Belize is a great Snokeling spot, they also have some of the best rain forest and ruins, so, So we are going to get out and see the country. So Cave tubing it is (Will save ruins for later cruise with wife).

Another question, Packing for the adventure. Looking for some common sense idea's. I mean, I want to wear tennis shoes on hike, but water socks in the tube. I don't want to wear my good cruise tennis shoes from the ship on the 30 minute trail. Things like that, of course there has to be compremises made. From shorts to shoes and camera. From what do you leave in the bus, to what do you take on the trail. From people who have experienced it, what do you take and how to you handle it? I hope this makes sense.

And thanks for sharing your advice.

We personally wear water shoes when cave tubing. Fairly hard soled on the bottom for walking on the way to the water, of course you can wear them to cross the water and no need to ever remove them.

Others have posted that they will bring a really old pair of tennis shoes that they no longer want and when they are done, they donate them there at the end, which goes to people in need on the island.

I don't really think there's a need for water socks. There's really no need to remove your shoes when you are floating in the tube down the river and I wouldn't use them to walk in (even in the water, which has rocks in it).

You can leave anything in the van while on the tour. It's locked and secured and people watch the vans in the parking lot.

Most people wear their bathing suits/shorts either on the way there with a cover up, or there's a huge bathroom/changing facility there too and you can change once you get there. Most people normally just wear their bathing suits/shorts along the hike. Anything that you don't mind getting wet because there really isn't anywhere to put things to stay dry once you start the hike and get to the river area.

I always bring my water camera, so need to worry about it getting wet and can photograph the amazing things along the way. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Mistugirly,

Another question, Packing for the adventure. Looking for some common sense idea's. I mean, I want to wear tennis shoes on hike, but water socks in the tube. I don't want to wear my good cruise tennis shoes from the ship on the 30 minute trail. Things like that, of course there has to be compremises made. From shorts to shoes and camera. From what do you leave in the bus, to what do you take on the trail. From people who have experienced it, what do you take and how to you handle it? I hope this makes sense.

And thanks for sharing your advice.

Wondering the same thing...are there lockers for you to leave things in...have read to bring clothes to change into...can you do the walk/hike in water shoes or Chacos?

Thanks

Wondering the same thing...are there lockers for you to leave things in...have read to bring clothes to change into...can you do the walk/hike in water shoes or Chacos?

Thanks

You keep your items locked up in the van that brought you there. There is a huge building for changing/bathroom/washroom facility there, so you can change before or after the tubing.

We always do the walk with our water shoes. :)

Chicken with rice/beans and cole slaw...all home made and very yummy. They will let you have as much as you'd like. We always have 2 plates. Drinks are also included: you can have coke, orange, rum punch. Yes, the rum punch is good or at least like every other rum punch I have ever had on any excursion. :)

P5130477-L.jpg

Great post and thank you for the info.

Looks like we will book with BZ but, now we are talking about zip line and the tubing? Has anyone done both and if so will it cut your tubing to short. We do not want to miss the ship. Thanks Randy