Help needed deciding between New England itineraries

SettingSail2015

My husband and I are interested in booking a 7 night New England/Canada cruise for the two of us in fall 2015 but are having a hard time deciding between two itineraries since we've never been to that region before. We'd appreciate any advice on which would be the best option for us. We are in our 30s, no kids, and active. We like hiking, photography, and other active excursions (for example the dog sledding we did on our cruise to Alaska). Here are the two itineraries we're deciding between:

Quebec City (Quebec); Sydney (Nova Scotia); Halifax (Nova Scotia); Saint John, Bay of Fundy (New Brunswick); Bar Harbor (Maine); DISEMBARK Boston

Boston (Massachusetts); Portland (Maine); Halifax (Nova Scotia); Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island); Gaspésie (Quebec); Saguenay (La Baie) (Quebec); DISEMBARK Quebec City (Quebec)

In both cases we'd spend an additional couple of days on land in Boston and Quebec but it's the other ports we're not sure about. Thanks!

I don't know anything about the second one listed (Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island); Gaspésie (Quebec); Saguenay (La Baie) (Quebec)

......but, I do know Bar Harbor and it is a wonderful place to hike, explore, and to see some amazing scenery, even after 40+ years, it still is the most beautiful place I've ever seen. Hopefully someone else will be able to give information about the other locations.

I hope you have a wonderful adventure on your cruise ... which ever itinerary you choose. Jan

Not much help here but I concur on Bar Harbor. The view from the top of Cadillac Mountain is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. LOL, and when your as old as I am, I've seen a lot of views.:D

And I'm biased but Boston is a great tourist city. Not too big but lots to see.

We did the round trip a couple of years ago and loved it. Gaspesie and Saguenay were very rural, as I recall, so many of the excursions were pretty active -- ziplining and kayaking and such.

The other ports are lovely, but more typical scenic drives and tourist places.

Can't comment on Bar Harbor because the government was shut down and the park was closed and we didn't get to do our excursion!

• 2 months later...

I have done both itineraries. They are all wonderful ports. In Sydney, we really enjoyed Fort Louisborg. In Halifax, we did Lunenburg and Mahone Bay one time and Peggys Cove, Ducks and Titanic museum and cemetary the second. St John: St Martin and Bay of Funday. Bar Harbor: Cadillac Mtn ( shrouded in fog) and Schooner. Portland: Kennebunkport, Portland Head Light and Victoria Mansion. Charlottetown: rented a car seeing Anne of Green Gables and Charlottetown. Gaspesie: rented a car and took a boat ride to Perce Rock and the national park north of the park. Saguenay: we did the HOHO bus and a hike in the National park. Enjoyed them all