pharmacy in San Juan near cruise terminal

janftica

Can anyone verify that there is a large Pharmacy across from the cruise terminal??? I am only bringing carryon luggage with me and can't get my suntan lotion in the 3 1 1 bag, so need to purchase suntan lotion immediately on arrival in San Juan. I am very fair skinned and burn in 10 min flat!!

If there is a pharmacy across from the cruise dock I will just go there and buy some. Just need to know that there is one available close by.

thanks

maybe across the street from the OSJU pier, but if you are departing from SJU you are likely at the Pan-Am pier, and there is no pharmacy at that pier. You might be able to pick some sun-screen up at the Duty free at the Pan-Am pier, or pick some up as you come through the airport.

Ok, so there is a store in the Airport that sells suntan lotion???

Where is the duty free at the Pan Am pier?

I know I might be able to get some on the boat, but I need at least 30SPF and from what I have read they sometimes get sold out very quickly.

Maybe I will just have to run to the store on the ship as soon as it opens and buy up ALL the 30 SPF's I can find :D

PS yes I am a Scottish Lassie LOL.;)

maybe across the street from the OSJU pier, but if you are departing from SJU you are likely at the Pan-Am pier, and there is no pharmacy at that pier. You might be able to pick some sun-screen up at the Duty free at the Pan-Am pier, or pick some up as you come through the airport.

This is accurate. The new CVS is at the pier in Old Town where the ship docks for a "port call". NOT at the Pan Am Pier. Either buy it at the airport or the hotel at the pier. But you will be paying big time for it.

You might be better off buying a small travel tube on minimus.com or a store in your town and then picking up a full bottle at one of your first ports. We always carry the TSA size tubes with us on excursions when we might need a bit, and not a beach size.

Yes there are many shops at SJU airport and I imagine some will have sun lotions.

When I was there last the duty free store at the Pan Am pier sold liquor and wine.

The closest large stores to the Pan Am pier are a Pueblo supermarket (at 670) and a Walgreens drugstore (at 1000) on Ponce de Leon Ave in nearby Miramar sector of SJ. These would be about one mile away from the pier. I plan to go to the Pueblo there before our Summit cruise next month to pick up wine and other items for our cruise.

If you are taking a taxi to the pier, your could ask the driver to do a quick stop at a store to pick up some on the way to the ship.

Also most X cruises out of SJ have the next day a first stop in the USVI or BVI and there are plenty of stores near the piers in St. Thomas, St. Croix and Tortola. Could you not bring a small travel size sun lotion for the first day in SJ and pick up some more in one of the above ports.

Murphy's law says you won't be able to find it unless you don't need it. I like the PP's suggestion of finding a very small container while you are at home and take it with you. If you can't get it into your 311 bag, maybe downsize something already there. You are on vacation...you shouldn't have to stress about this.

Last cruise we saw a newer modern looking Pueblo grocery store just as we were leaving the airport grounds. You could always ask the taxi driver to stop there.

They also sell suntan lotion on the ship. But keep in mind that if your first day is a port day there may be little or no opportunity to buy anything at the shops until the second night of your cruise depending on when the ship sails from San Juan. We've also found the ship's shops occasionally sell out of such things.

I'll confirm what others have said: There is a nice newer drugstore accross from the Old San Juan cruise ship docks but the Celebrity and RCCL ships embark at the Pan Am Terminal. There are no shops near the terminal and the only store I recall in the terminal itself is a liquor store.

Yes! There is a CVS across the street from the Old San Juan Pier. It's within easy walking distance. It was the first place we stopped after debarking. I needed nail polish remover. The store is large and well stocked.

X uses the Pan Am pier/cruise terminal at embarkation however.

Yes! There is a CVS across the street from the Old San Juan Pier. It's within easy walking distance. It was the first place we stopped after debarking. I needed nail polish remover. The store is large and well stocked.

Does that CVS carry wine and liquor?

Does that CVS carry wine and liquor?

Yes - unless there was a Walgreens right down the block. I do remember stopping in a new modern chain drug store right on the main street bear the Sheraton and Old San Juan pier which had liquor and wine, but don't remember the name of the store. I'm presuming it was the CVS people are talking about.

Yes - unless there was a Walgreens right down the block. I do remember stopping in a new modern chain drug store right on the main street bear the Sheraton and Old San Juan pier which had liquor and wine, but don't remember the name of the store. I'm presuming it was the CVS people are talking about.

I sure that is it, thank you. Glad they put it in, as we stay at the Sheraton pre-cruise, and there wasn't anything close by.

You will leave from the Pan American Pier - there is a little store there that sells wine, soda, beer but I don't recall seeing and sunscreen.

the Walgreens or CVS that everyone is referring to is in OSJ which is where the ship would be if you were just in SJ for the day.

I would agree that the better approach might be to have your taxi driver stop at Walgreen's if you just need sunscreen or at a Pueblo (grocery store) if you want wine or soda too. Should be easy for them to do if you ask.

I do like the idea of getting someone on your roll call to do it for you - that saves you the extra stop!

If you're sailing in January on the Summit, I'd be glad to do it for you!

Can anyone verify that there is a large Pharmacy across from the cruise terminal??? I am only bringing carryon luggage with me and can't get my suntan lotion in the 3 1 1 bag, so need to purchase suntan lotion immediately on arrival in San Juan. I am very fair skinned and burn in 10 min flat!!

If there is a pharmacy across from the cruise dock I will just go there and buy some. Just need to know that there is one available close by.

thanks

Have your cab driver stop at a pharmacy on your way to the hotel/pier!

Have your cab driver stop at a pharmacy on your way to the hotel/pier!

If you take this approach, and don't speak Spanish, then tell the dispatcher at the airport what you want to do so they can communicate this with the cab driver. If no dispatcher is there (I'm sure there usually is) then make sure the cab driver understands before getting into the cab. He can find other drivers to help with the language if he needs it.

In San Juan most of the cab drivers we've had spoke English well, but not all of them. Some only spoke enough to understand a basic destination and deal with payments.

Archived