Best Full English at sea?

BigKeith

Just curious as to where you guys think you get the best Full Englishes at sea. Ive had a good few in my times and I'm tempted to plump for P&O on this one (suppose it is a British ship) but a few others come close

Also, why don't American ships serve Black Pudding? The necessity of a top breakfast!

Big Keith

Big Keith,

I think you should keep this quiet, we do not want our friends across the pond knowing what we have for our Breakies, have you seen what they eat Pancakes and Maple Syrup. do not give our Secrets away. :D

When cruising I have for breakfast - a big pile of what I call, ship bacon (streaky well cooked) with 2 fried eggs over medium with pancakes and blueberry syrup and toast on the side :D...oh and a hash brown ..and coffee and orange juice :D

I love having a different kind of breakfast on a ship :D

I do not like back bacon on a cruise ship....shudder :(

Do they when she sails out of Ft Lauderdale? Ive only sailed her out of Southampton

Yuck, no :eek:

RCI normally use streaky & cook it crispy. Then they cook it some more. Then more. Then leave it under the warming lamps for a minimum of three weeks, before allowing it to go cold & then serving it.

Clueless bloody heathens :D

Their breakfast standards are about the same as SeaFrance. And SeaFrance went bust.:p

If you want a full-cholesterol english breakfast, go with a Brit ship.

Fortunately I don't know of any scottish cruise ships.

Porridge.

Yuck.

More heathens :D

JB :)

Yuck, no

RCI normally use streaky & cook it crispy. Then they cook it some more. Then more. Then leave it under the warming lamps for a minimum of three weeks, before allowing it to go cold & then serving it.

Clueless bloody heathens

Their breakfast standards are about the same as SeaFrance. And SeaFrance went bust.

Porridge.

Yuck.

More heathens

You are pushing your luck today JB :p ..but as the sun has been shining for two days in a row.. I will just :D

Only 250 more days until I can get my big plate of Royal Caribbean bacon...yummmmmy scrummy :D

Oh, I always have the porridge, JB.....but instead of the sugarless type we cook at home, I add the sticky, gooey treacle....I had to help a lovely elderly Scottish man on a Princess ship.....he'd seen my porridge but couldn't find it. We were standing next to the oatmeal pot at the time.

My other fall from grace on board is the fried bread, something I never, ever eat except on a cruise, with a couple of eggs on top.....:p

Jo.

You are pushing your luck today JB :p ..but as the sun has been shining for two days in a row.. I will just

Only 250 more days until I can get my big plate of Royal Caribbean bacon...yummmmmy scrummy

Dammit.

Forgot this board was moderated by a haggis-kruncher :p

But no worries, I can still save my bacon.

Literally.;)

Next time I cruise RCI, I shall save the stuff & send it to you.

You can have it with your morning deep-fried battered Mars Bar :D

Oh, I always have the porridge, JB.....but instead of the sugarless type we cook at home, I add the sticky, gooey treacle....I had to help a lovely elderly Scottish man on a Princess ship.....he'd seen my porridge but couldn't find it. We were standing next to the oatmeal pot at the time.

My other fall from grace on board is the fried bread, something I never, ever eat except on a cruise, with a couple of eggs on top....

Jo.

Shame on you Jo. That's what comes of living on the edge of civilisation :p

Yuck, no :eek:

Clueless bloody heathens :D

Their breakfast standards are about the same as SeaFrance. And SeaFrance went bust.:p

Porridge.

Yuck.

More heathens :D

No Scottish cruise ships???

There's Hebridean Princess of Hebridean Island Cruises and there is Majestic Cruise Line with two wonderful little cruise boats. All of these vessels serve the finest food. Certainly, as they have very small passenger capacity, they are way ahead of the horrid mass-catering found aboard the likes of Royal Caribbean or P&O etc.

I'm tempted to plump for P&O on this one (suppose it is a British ship) but a few others come close

Also, why don't American ships serve Black Pudding? The necessity of a top breakfast!

Big Keith

P&O is American owned (Carnival) but caters for the British market

Just curious as to where you guys think you get the best Full Englishes at sea. Ive had a good few in my times and I'm tempted to plump for P&O on this one (suppose it is a British ship) but a few others come close

Big Keith

We sailed on Equinox in Dec 09 from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean, they did both English (proper) bacon and Black Pudding. We were in Aqua class and their emphasis in there is lean cuisine, you should have seen some of the faces on the health food nuts when we ordered the full breakfast in Blu (the Aqua class speciality restaurant):D they did have everything for a full English in the buffet restaurant but they cut the english sausage into bite size pieces before putting them in the trays

Big Keith you are right. The Aqua class dining menu is amazing. Incredible

Fresh smoothies, freshly squeezed juice and wonderful eggs with grilled asparagus. And of course the full English. Impossible choice from possibly the prettiest dining room for breakfast afloat!

I usually head for the omelette station for cheese and mushroom omelette; Canadian ham if no 'proper' bacon available and hash browns. I did see black pudding once on NCL (Ireland cruise) and sometimes they have passable back bacon but one needs to go with the flow - US lines have some good breakfast stuff but do not really understand the great British fry-up (wot no fried bread? :eek:).

Celebrity Solstice class without a doubt have the

Best breakfast as the have an English breakfast station

Including English back bacon and (proper)sausages

And a seperate American breakfast station too!

Bliss....

As does Celebrity Century!

Dammit.

Forgot this board was moderated by a haggis-kruncher :p

But no worries, I can still save my bacon.

Literally.;)

Next time I cruise RCI, I shall save the stuff & send it to you.

You can have it with your morning deep-fried battered Mars Bar :D

Shame on you Jo. That's what comes of living on the edge of civilisation :p

And in the really civilised world of Hampshire, one of the best back bacon rolls ever is at......

Southampton MacDonald's!!! :p

Jo.

There was one of those toast machines in the buffet on NCL Jade- watched over by a crew member with steely determination. The first time, she puzzled me by demanding to know if I needed an "English Muffin"....something which foxed me for a few days until I tried one (a sort of bap). The toast was hot, when she allowed you a slice.....:rolleyes:

Jo.

Archived