Mari 10...Question for you regarding Granola

skiiergirl

Mari...You are really inspiring me. What brand of granola are you eating and where do you buy it? (supermarket, Wild Oats, on-line, etc.) I love granola but have been steering clear of it. I'd love to be able to have some. Thanks.

This is too funny - I am eating it we speak.

I sometimes have it for lunch.

Okay. I use to buy it online, but now have a low carb store nearby. I think I use to buy it from

netrition.com, but I'm sure any low carb site should have it.

I mix these two brands together, and for me it is the greatest treat, (I have gotten all my friends on it, and they also mix the two brands)

1. Gram's flax n nut Crunchies - I buy the maple and brown sugar. I think there are 2 other flavors. haven't tried the other's since I love this one.

2. Flax o meak granola - I buy the cinnamon nutrageous. Also hss 2 other flavors. But this one is the best.

I eat 27 grams of the flax n nut and 21 grams of the granola with 1/2 cup mix berries and 2 TBL of soy mix.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm more than happy to help.

Mari

It should read " I'm eating it as week speak."

Also, I want to stress - that I weigh everything, it's just me. I like to know how much everything is. My friends either eye ball it or use a measuring cup. I just find the kitchen scale to be a big help.

Mari

I also meant to add that sometimes I eat this with the new Dannon low carb vanilla yogurt.

It's great.

Also, wild oats has their brand peanut butter which is delicious. I buy the wild oats natural crunchy and eat one TBL with hearts of celery.

Makes a great lunch or snack.

Mari

Mari...Thanks for the info. I had bought the peanut butter last week. I like the taste. I just don't like the looks (having to stir it when it separates). I just have to close my eyes and stir and then eat. It does taste good though. Thanks.

When I first open the jar, I pour off most of the oil and then stir. I keep mine in the refig, and it never separates. A few weeks ago, Wild Oats was out of their brand of PB. I tried 3 others and they all landed in the garbage. Now I always have atleast 2 spares in the pantry. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

Mari

Archived