Carnival Best Price Guarantee

gill_boo

So, I have been looking to book for a little while now. The cruise I am looking at on the Carnival site has gone up a little by $50pp. Now I have been looking elsewhere, and I found a site that is still advertising the rate at what the price was before Carnival raised it. Would this qualify for their best price guarantee? And how does it work? Has anyone actually gotten it before?

Since no TA is allowed to advertise less than Carnival's price, my guess is if you tried to book the rate, you would find it wasnt really cheaper. For instance one site advertises 1As as their lowest inside and Carnival shows a 4A price, and the TA site shows PT as their lowest OV and Carnival shows a 6A.

Its doubtfull the price is actually lower than Carnival's unless there is a mistake. Look into it and find out, call if you have to, so you know if you are comparing apples to apples.

I already looked at that. But there are always loop holes and little things people don't know. Just wondering if anyone has actually been successful at getting the guarantee.

there was one strange case, Ken helped someone get, forget the circumstances, but they got it, but the price dropped after the pax booked I think.

I personally would book with the TA and not count on getting the $50 pp in OBC, but look into it, prove to yourself the price is for the same thing ... or you might be missing a special rate on Carnival.

TAs can discount privately, but not publically, so Im suspect that you are really seeing a lower price.

Since no TA is allowed to advertise less than Carnival's price, my guess is if you tried to book the rate, you would find it wasnt really cheaper. For instance one site advertises 1As as their lowest inside and Carnival shows a 4A price, and the TA site shows PT as their lowest OV and Carnival shows a 6A.

Its doubtfull the price is actually lower than Carnival's unless there is a mistake. Look into it and find out, call if you have to, so you know if you are comparing apples to apples.

Thats right... the way they have the requirements worded, and the restrictions on it, it seems almost impossible to find a lower fare below CCL's pricing.

So, I have been looking to book for a little while now. The cruise I am looking at on the Carnival site has gone up a little by $50pp. Now I have been looking elsewhere, and I found a site that is still advertising the rate at what the price was before Carnival raised it. Would this qualify for their best price guarantee? And how does it work? Has anyone actually gotten it before?

If you're discussing the 110% Best Price Guarantee - I researched this within Carnival and find that the concerted, 100% management answer is that this only applies to Carnival-Advertised fares (not TA fares) despite how the Terms & Conditions are worded. That doesn't mean that you might not get an exception.

There was a recent poster who had TA screenshots and Booking confirmations and everything, and the answer was still as above - until she pursued it and they finally granted the OBC with "we finally found that rate in our (Carnival) system" i.e., they didn't grant the OBC based on the TA's advertised price but on the Carnival price.

ken

...treats - In this case, IMO think carnival.com is our "mis-leader"!

I read the 110% Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions to read that (on the off-chance) you found a "legitimate" TA price lower than Carnivals' within 48 hours of booking with Carnival, you'd get the 110% difference in non-refundable OBC.

(1) In light of Carnival's TA Marketing agreement, this is extremely, extremely unlikely, making the Guarantee almost meaningless.

(2) When I researched this extensively with in Carnival, the united Management answer was that the Guarantee only applies to Carnival-advertised prices and only covers the case where you book with Carnival and the Carnival price drops within 48 hours. I interpret the Terms & Conditions differently, and asked "why not eliminate the double-talk verbage referring to TA's and just say applies to Carnival-Advertised Fares only. "

ken

Thats right... the way they have the requirements worded, and the restrictions on it, it seems almost impossible to find a lower fare below CCL's pricing.[/quote]

I read the 110% Price Guarantee Terms & Conditions to read that (on the off-chance) you found a "legitimate" TA price lower than Carnivals' within 48 hours of booking with Carnival, you'd get the 110% difference in non-refundable OBC.

(1) In light of Carnival's TA Marketing agreement, this is extremely, extremely unlikely, making the Guarantee almost meaningless.

(2) When I researched this extensively with in Carnival, the united Management answer was that the Guarantee only applies to Carnival-advertised prices and only covers the case where you book with Carnival and the Carnival price drops within 48 hours. I interpret the Terms & Conditions differently, and asked "why not eliminate the double-talk verbage referring to TA's and just say applies to Carnival-Advertised Fares only. "

ken

Isn't this pretty much what I was already saying ? :D

Ok, here's the part I don't get. You all are saying its only Carnival fares. Yet when I go to the form, it asks me where I saw the rate and the web address where I saw it. So that makes me think its any TA site.

Ok, here's the part I don't get. You all are saying its only Carnival fares. Yet when I go to the form, it asks me where I saw the rate and the web address where I saw it. So that makes me think its any TA site.

What's not to get.... it has to be a "Carnival" advertised price and available to the public (along with the other requirements stated ubder this program). That same price SHOULD be able to be found on Carnivals website if it is eligible.

Thats right... the way they have the requirements worded, and the restrictions on it, it seems almost impossible to find a lower fare below CCL's pricing.[/quote]

Isn't this pretty much what I was already saying ? :D

I was looking for moral support in my interpretation of the Terms & conditions!!!!! ken

the Early Saver form (for Carnival-advertised fares only) says the same thing! I didn't say it was consistent!!! ken

ken

Don't you just love it?

The terms don't clearly indicate that it only applies to Carnival bookings.

Best Price Guarantee terms and conditions:

The Best Price Guarantee applies to the cruise fare only. The Best Price Guarantee protection will not apply to prevailing government fees and taxes and/or fuel supplement. Lower rates must be publicly advertised fares available to the general public and exclude group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates. To submit a Best Price Guarantee claim, visit carnival.com online and complete all the information required on the Best Price Guarantee claim form. You will be asked to provide the lower rate amount and where the rate can be found. Lower rate must: i) be for the same ship, sail date, stateroom category and number of guests; and ii) be available for booking at the time Carnival reviews your completed Best Price Guarantee claim form. All Best Price Guarantee claim forms must be submitted online within 48 hours of booking your cruise and verified by Carnival in order to qualify for the onboard credit. The onboard credit is non-refundable, non-transferable and has no cash value. Any unused portion of the onboard credit will be forfeited. Best Price Guarantee program may be discontinued or changed at any time.

The clause that really irks me (in ES also) is that the fare needs to be "available" when Carnival reviews the form. In many cases by the time they review the form the prices have changed.

Apparently they don't adhere to that ridiculous clause as I have gotten reductions processed when the fare was long gone.

TA's are not allowed to advertise rates that are rebated or discounted in any way (there are some exceptions on some grop fares but these fares must only be advertised to the intended group members -- put together a group cruise for bridge players and you're free to advertise it in bridge magazines or web sites that target bridge players). So, by asking you on what web site you found a fare lower than what is being offered CCL can investigate and determine if:

The advertised rate is a mistake (it happens) or

The TA is breaking the rules and will now have their knuckles rapped.

By offering this guarantee (by the way, with all the exceptions I can't imagine them ever having to pay off on it) they've turned their clients into stoolies.

TA's are not allowed to advertise rates that are rebated or discounted in any way (there are some exceptions on some grop fares but these fares must only be advertised to the intended group members -- put together a group cruise for bridge players and you're free to advertise it in bridge magazines or web sites that target bridge players). So, by asking you on what web site you found a fare lower than what is being offered CCL can investigate and determine if:

The advertised rate is a mistake (it happens) or

The TA is breaking the rules and will now have their knuckles rapped.

By offering this guarantee (by the way, with all the exceptions I can't imagine them ever having to pay off on it) they've turned their clients into stoolies.

This has been my (admittedly cynical) suspicion, that this was a ruse to flush out rogue TA's.

The original point was that Carnival operations managers I researched this with ALL claim that this only applies to Carnival-advertised rates and not TA -advertised rates (and worse, that that claim is consistent with the wording of the Terms & Conditions).

ken

Archived