Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

Cinder Again

• 1 month later...
Any private tour ideas or recommendations for Puerto Quetzal stop on a Panama Canal cruise? Another new port for me! Thanks in advance,

Hi there

We are using Guatemalan Tour Guide Day tours, Brief details on our spread sheet ( link in my signature for the sail a way gang's spread sheet) snapdragon full details on post 226 on our roll call. Good reports on tripadvisor and superb at answering my emails

Hope this helps

I would recommend going to Antigua. It's a beautiful colonial town, similar in many ways to San Miguel de Allende in Mexico (in case you've been there or are familiar).

Your cruise line will likely offer both tours and shuttle buses to Antigua. I would recommend the latter. Antigua is an easy town to DIY, or there will be licensed guides at the place where the buses drop you off (the Jade Store). We actually made arrangements in advance with a tour agency I found on TripAdvisor: Elizabeth Bell Tours. We had a top notch guide. The only drawback was that the guide didn't meet us at the bus drop off point; we had to make our way to their office at the central square.

We had a wonderful tour, and our guide recommended a great local restaurant for lunch.