Lack of communication from Cozumel Cruise Excursion Tour Co.

pennychipps

Has anyone else experienced a lack of communication from Cozumel Cruise Excursion Tours? I "booked" the 3 reef snorkel tour 2+ weeks ago for my upcoming (Feb 13th) cruise and my deposit was charged on PayPal but I haven't received any kind of information from the tour company - no confirmation, no details! I've called and got a generic "not in" message with no ability to leave voice mail and I've emailed and not received a response.

They've generally received good ratings on TA and CC but now I'm wondering.

Sounds like we may have booked through the same company. When I booked and paid my deposit through paypal I got an email fairly quickly (within a day I think) that stated, "Thank you so much (my name was here) for booking our family owned and operated Snorkel Excursion. We have you booked for (date and time was here). We will send you a personalized reservation email and E-Receipt that will include your balance, but here is the general meeting point locations and directions when arriving at different Cozumel Piers."

At the top of the email it has Carla listed as the snorkel tour coordinator and a phone number. After a few weeks and not getting the follow-up email I called Carla and did talk to her. She said that she didn't know anything about another email that I would be receiving but that she did have our party on the calendar for the tour. Our cruise is next week so I will not know for sure until then if it all works out or not.

I will post about my experience upon my return home. Of the four excursions that I have booked, this is the only one that I am really concerned about.

We are also booked on the 3 snorkel excursion and have not been able to get any response since we booked and paid our deposit back in May.

Would love to hear how the excursion works out for people going in the next few weeks.

Debr

Still hoping to hear anything positive about Cozumel Cruise Excursions. If anyone has successfully communicated with them or been on their 3 snorkel trip, please post.

Thanks

Debr

Edited by debr

Here is my experience to date:

After two phone calls with Carla I got an email with the e-receipt for my deposit one week before my scheduled tour (which was two days before my cruise departure). The email also included a photo with Carla identified in it. The email sender was John Adams and also included the following: "We sincerely apologize for the delay. My wife normally handles our communication, but was in the hospital because of a rare blood disease. We are very sorry for the inconvenience."

The day of our scheduled tour was very, very windy and very cool. We really didn't want to snorkel in this weather but went to our meeting point, Marti Sporting Goods Store. Carla did meet us there and after a brief discussion we all decided that it was not a good day for a snorkel tour. We were given the option of upgrading to a jeep or dune buggy tour or receiving a refund. We chose the refund option and Carla said that we would receive it via PayPal.

Upon my return home yesterday, I emailed John and asked when I should expect the refund to be processed. I have not received the refund yet but it has only been 3 days. I will post again with further details as they develop.

Here is my experience to date:

After two phone calls with Carla I got an email with the e-receipt for my deposit one week before my scheduled tour (which was two days before my cruise departure). The email also included a photo with Carla identified in it. The email sender was John Adams and also included the following: "We sincerely apologize for the delay. My wife normally handles our communication, but was in the hospital because of a rare blood disease. We are very sorry for the inconvenience."

The day of our scheduled tour was very, very windy and very cool. We really didn't want to snorkel in this weather but went to our meeting point, Marti Sporting Goods Store. Carla did meet us there and after a brief discussion we all decided that it was not a good day for a snorkel tour. We were given the option of upgrading to a jeep or dune buggy tour or receiving a refund. We chose the refund option and Carla said that we would receive it via PayPal.

Upon my return home yesterday, I emailed John and asked when I should expect the refund to be processed. I have not received the refund yet but it has only been 3 days. I will post again with further details as they develop.

Thank you so much for taking the time to report to the cc boards. Sounds like family illness may have a lot to do with their issues with communication. I wouldn't want to go out if the weather conditions were not favorable. I do hope you get your deposit back.

We are still hoping to meet them at Marti Sporting Goods on our tour date. We do have a backup plan of spending the day at the Grand Park Cozumel Hotel if they are a no show or weather is not favorable.

Can you tell me how long of a walk it was to the Sporting Goods Store .. We dock at the Puerto Maya pier.

Debr

Edited by debr

Can you tell me how long of a walk it was to the Sporting Goods Store .. We dock at the Puerto Maya pier.

Debr

My best guess is that it is between about 1/4 to 1/2 mile. The store is almost straight across the street from the International Pier and you can see the Puerto Maya pier from the International Pier. The day we were in Cozumel there were 3 Carnival ships docked at Puerto Maya and from our ship we could see people walking back and forth on that pier. You will just take a left when you come out of the terminal area and walk straight down the street.

My best guess is that it is between about 1/4 to 1/2 mile. The store is almost straight across the street from the International Pier and you can see the Puerto Maya pier from the International Pier. The day we were in Cozumel there were 3 Carnival ships docked at Puerto Maya and from our ship we could see people walking back and forth on that pier. You will just take a left when you come out of the terminal area and walk straight down the street.

Thank you so much for the information.

debr

After 3 days and no reply to my email about the deposit refund and with the past history of lack of communication, I have filed a dispute with Paypal in order to get the deposit back. In case you aren't familiar with Paypal's process - once you file a dispute they send notification of the dispute to the other party and they have 30 days to resolve that matter. If it is not resolved then it becomes a claim and paypal investigates and decides if a refund is appropriate.

So this may take a while. At this point, I don't want to believe that the company is dishonest. My instinct tells me that they are a small, unprofessional company. That being said, I would not recommend them to others.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI - Just received an email from John at Cozumel Cruise Excursions and all is well with our excursion on March 4. Whatever was going on with communication, seems to be resolved.

Debr

Just checking to see how your excursion went?

I am still waiting to get resolution of my deposit refund through Paypal. The company has 7 more days to respond to my dispute.

Doug

Oh my gosh!!!!!! So glad I found this thread, as I"m having the same challenge too. I booked and paid a deposit, however have received nothing. After trying to use their "Contact US" form via their website as well as sending a direct email, still nothing. I've spent quite a bit of time looking thru my spam folder just to be sure I hadn't missed anything.

I submitted the Paypal dispute late last week, and am now waiting for the 30 days to run out to get my deposit back.

And--I'm stuck with what to do in Cozumel!!

CeleBrat

Just checking to see how your excursion went?

I am still waiting to get resolution of my deposit refund through Paypal. The company has 7 more days to respond to my dispute.

Doug

When we arrived in Cozumel last week the weather was not great, but we made our way to the meeting site for our snorkel tour. There was a person organizing folks into tours, jeep trips and snorkeling. We made our way through a hotel down to a dock and Carla arrived to brief us on the weather conditions. She was very honest in the fact there was a front coming in and if we went to all three sites it would be a wet, rocky trip back. They use small boats .. I call them panga boats which are not very comfy. Since the waves were pretty rough right as the dock we decided to bag the trip .. We did not ask for our deposit back. In person they are very organized and I appreciated the honesty about the conditions. If I return to Cozumel I would try them again.

Debr

I used them last July for a Jeep tour and honestly it was the best tour we've ever done..very personalized and the driver was fabulous! I know we've booked the El Ceilo snorkel tour for our upcoming trip. I know John's wife was very ill and I had heard someone at CCE.net had passed. Not sure if it was John's wife. I've had nothing but good luck with them and hope this next excursion is just as fabulous. We'll see...I'm sorry you had issues with them.

• 2 weeks later...

All--

Just jumping back into this thread to let you all know that mid-way through my cruise this past week, I checked my email and found that they had FINALLY responded, confirming my tour. I debated as to whether or not to actually take the tour, since I also had a car reserved for our Cozumel day. I was able to cancel the car, so all was well.

In Cozumel, we reported to our tour meeting location (Margaritaville) and they were confused as to which tour we were on. They attempted to put us on a longer tour, despite not having paid for the longer option.

Nothing was ever said about the lack of communication, or Paypal dispute, or anything. The tour was fun though.

Not sure that I'd book with them again though, due to the confusion.

CeleBrat

I booked them a couple of years ago and then our ship didn't make the port. I immediately requested a refund. Though I received replies that they would refund our deposit when the wife was released from hospital, after a couple of weeks I had to put in a dispute with PayPal and then immediately received the refund. Last year when we were returning to Cozumel, I emailed telling them we'd like to try again since they're well reviewed etc., despite a number of emails from me, they never responded and we eventually booked with another company. Perhaps his wife is really ill and this distracts him from his business, or it's a convenient excuse. I'd hate for her to be really ill but on the other hand I would really hate for a vendor to fake someone's illness even more

Can someone post the email address they got the response from? I think someone said it was john?

I got the same "wife is ill" thing on our March 2015 cruise but they came through for us. Communication was awful but at port, it was organized and the actual excursion was one of the best I've ever done. This is John's email address:

cozumelcruiseexcursions@gmail.com (John Adams - according to my email!) :rolleyes: Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a jeep excursion back in February for my May cruise. About 2 weeks ago, I received an email with meeting instructions and an invoice. Even though I had booked 2 adults and one child, it showed 3 adults. I've emailed twice and called, but have not received a response. I'm really starting to be on the fence about this excursion.

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this up to see if anyone has had experience recently with this company? I read on Trip Advisor or on their website or somewhere that unfortunately the wife did pass away but maybe things are starting to get back to normal...??