Best Western...Henry LA

makayjean

I would also like information on this hotel....

I want a good rate at a decent hotel and reasonable parking.

Many of the "cruise specials" charge you like $20 the first night for parking (even though the other nights are reduced or free) and then only shuttle you to the pier but not back. So once you add taxes, parking, taxis, etc. it's not such a great deal.

I need a place with a good base rate who offers free parking (or really cheap) and that is close enough to take a taxi from.....

Any suggestions?

Also, right now for my trip (March 2005) Hilton RIverside is not offering thier cruise deal. And Maison St. Charles will cost $165 plus taxi back after the cruise.

I feel like I can do better.....

I would also like information on this hotel....

QUOTE]

Makayjean and I are travelin' together ......woo hooo ....LOL ..... Best Western Westbank (1700 Lapalco Boulevard Harvey, Louisiana, 70058-3027) ...about 7 miles from the pier.... and if you book directly w/ the hotel...... our AAA room rate was 63.20 per night plus tax ....WOOO HOOOOO ..... the total for 3 rooms was 211.87 tax and all ....... the phone # is 504-366-5369 ...... Even the standard rate per night was pretty reasonable ... I think around 70.00 a night plus tax.... The rate we were quoted included complimentary parking for the week as well ..... I also asked about a shuttle to the pier from the hotel .... they do not provide a shuttle ....BUT ..... the staff told me they are contracted w/ a local cab company and is a 20.00 flat fee to transport 4 ppl ....so not too bad ..... And as I said in my previous posts the hotel staff was SUPER friendly and very helpful ..... also check in is a 2p and check out at 11a ..... but she said if you needed a later check out all you had to do was call the front desk and make them aware ........ Sorry if I am ramblin' ..... just tryin' to get it all in ....LOL .... So far it seems like the best deal going ....... I hope this information helps ...... Happy Cruisin' .....

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

My husband has stayed at this location for business and says it is pretty nice. If you're just looking for a room and not going to do the French Quarter/Bourbon Street, then this should work.

We are looking at staying here along with my BIL/SIL. We have a larger truck with the backseat - so we are thinking of loading all the luggage in the back and shuttling over in our truck - parking it at the pier. At least that way we have one vehicle close by so that when we get off we can just load up the truck and take them back to their car. We will save the parking for one vehicle and not have to hassle with cabs and such. It will save some money.

If you have to pay to get lots of people back and forth then it may not be worth it to leave all the vehicles at the hotel. Are any of your vehicles big enough to handle the luggage and some passengers.

My husband has stayed at this location for business and says it is pretty nice. If you're just looking for a room and not going to do the French Quarter/Bourbon Street, then this should work.

We are looking at staying here along with my BIL/SIL. We have a larger truck with the backseat - so we are thinking of loading all the luggage in the back and shuttling over in our truck - parking it at the pier. At least that way we have one vehicle close by so that when we get off we can just load up the truck and take them back to their car. We will save the parking for one vehicle and not have to hassle with cabs and such. It will save some money.

If you have to pay to get lots of people back and forth then it may not be worth it to leave all the vehicles at the hotel. Are any of your vehicles big enough to handle the luggage and some passengers.

Unfortunately the two cars we will be taking are on the small side...there will be 7 of us and what we plan to do is take 2 taxis and split the cost

Archived