nachi cocom

raerenee

We went there about three years ago. We had a great time. It wasn't crowded at all. .Our young kids loved it. In fact, the ice skaters from the ship went there too and practiced some of their lifts in the pool. If you go to the forum for Cozumel and search "Nachi Cocom," you'll find a million reports about the place--more informtion that you'll be able to digest!

We have been 3X

Beautiful beach.Waiters that bring your food and drinks right to your lounge chair.

Reservations definetly neede as they only allow a certain number of guests to avoid overcrowding and have seen people turned away that did not book ahead.

Best day ever!!.

We went the last time we were in Coz, absolutely loved it. Lunch was very good, great service, loved the swim up bar. Was not crowded at all .

Just reserved it again for our March cruise, and will probably go back again in August.

mac_tlc

FYI - This thread will be moved to the "Cozumel" board sooner or later. You will be able to find many more reviews there. Almost all of them are positive!

I have done Nachi twice now and would definitely do it again! It is very reasonably priced and the service is spectacular. The food is average to good...very subjective, but I have never gone hungry. Personally, I like the guacamole and grilled shrimp The waiters are always ready to bring you a refill of your beverage of choice. It is a wonderful, relaxing beach day.

They will try to push their beach massages, parasailing, and other activities that cost extra when you first arrive, but a polite "no, thanks" is all you need if you're not interested.

Enjoy your trip!

For the commenter who asked how to book this excursion, it is an independent excursion, not available through the cruise line. Just google "Nachi Cocom" and you should be able to find the company selling passes. I think it is "Island Marketing." You pay a deposit online to hold your spot and then you must pay the remaining balance upon arrival. At one time it was cash only on arrival, but I think this past time we were there they had a credit card machine...don't quote me on that though! You will need to take a taxi from port to Nachi....about 15 minutes and $16 for up to 4 people (each way). When you are ready to return to the port, just let your waiter know and they will call for a taxi. It was very efficient.

Do you all book through the ship or privately? I've always wanted to go there but always wind up doing something else.

Deb

You can book directly through them or use Island Marketing. You pay 25% down on your cc, then pay the balance in cash when you get there. Taxi is $16 plus tip for up to four. You can get a massage, do a snorkeling tour, ride a ski-do or go parasailing , all for extra fees.

We went there last winter on our cruise...had a very very good day. We were greeted and shown to a set of chairs and umbrella. We also booked a little snorkel on a catamaran (small cat) and left right from their beach for about 1.5 hours and came back to our chairs. While we were gone, we locked our valuables up in their lockers. Had a nice lunch; drinks available and were good. Beach area clean. Bathroom small/limited - but did the trick to change before going back to the ship. The owner is very tight ruled about vendors setting up nearby. So there were a couple vendors, but customers would have to approach the vendor if interested in looking/purchasing the goods. We liked it also because it is not overcrowded and commercialized.

AHHHH...need to go back!

You pay a deposit online to hold your spot and then you must pay the remaining balance upon arrival. At one time it was cash only on arrival, but I think this past time we were there they had a credit card machine...don't quote me on that though! You will need to take a taxi from port to Nachi....about 15 minutes and $16 for up to 4 people (each way). When you are ready to return to the port, just let your waiter know and they will call for a taxi. It was very efficient.

You can quote me. :) Yes they take cc in person now. There was even a posting on their FB page about it recently.

Have fun!

We went there last February and I just booked it again for March. A group we cruised with recommended it and we went - the only issue I had was the folks told me when they bring you a drink, order another. We got there at 10:30.... I soon realized that wasn't the way to go :-) Great service, nice beach, a great way to just get away and be with friends and make new friends.

Jumping on the bandwagon! We had a great time over spring break last year and it was not crowded at all - even our 20 y.o. daughter liked it, especially since there was a pool as well as the ocean to swim in. She spent hours in the pool.