Costa Rica Shore Excursions

jpnztutor

Does anyone have any recommendations for the shore excursions on the Windstar for travel to Costa Rica? I would also be interested to hear if anyone has used a private operator that they were happy with for shore excursions. Thank you for your help.

We went last January, and I concur on the Nicaragua excursion. The half-day trip was not as good; we took that one, and really wished that we had chosen the other.

We also did the zipline in Playa del Coco. It was fun, and well-run. I would now put myself in the zipline been there-done that catagory.

If you're interested, there are several reviews of this trip from last year on this board.

Beth

• 2 weeks later...

We will be cruising Costa Rica Dec. 30 and I was wondering if there was any reason to book ahead for excursions. There are four of us traveling and it is difficult to plan ahead but i was not sure if any excursions filled up on this itinerary. Happy holidays to all!

Went online today to discover that several excursions for the 12/30 Costa Rica Cruise are already booked. The Curu Wildlife Refuge tour was completely booked at the 9:30 a.m. departure. I waitlisted us for that one and booked my husband and myself for the 7:30 a.m. tour but that is sooo early!

The ATV tour in Quepos was also already full. Looks like people are taking advantage of this online early booking option. I also did online check in with the embarkation forms, etc. It was a bit of a pain since I did not realize that if you do not fill out a page properly/completely then you cannot continue to the next page. The site will then not save the page you just filled out and you will have to start over. When completely finished you then print your "boarding pass." Hope this helps others who have not yet tried this option.

We will be disembarking as you board! I did not prebook excursions since I may always decide to change my mind and they need to be prepaid. Oh well, the only one I wanted to do was in Marenco...Snorkeling. Hope we get to go. I printed out the Boarding Forms since the website said they were unavailable for online registration. Thanx for the current info. Have a great trip!

Any recommendations for privately booked tours on this Windstar itinerary?

Already booked the all-day volcano and the zipline tour for my 2/3/07 cruise, but not sure if the other Windstar sponsored tours sound that great. I would be scared to do the ATV tour with my own ATV.

I would greatly appreciate suggestions...

Archived