Barcelona, advice what to do?

sam917

Two of us are flying into Barcelona the day of our cruise and arrive at 9:00 am 8/2.

Our ship leaves at 6:00 so assuming we have until 3:00 to enjoy the city?? Any suggestions on what we could do and where to go to enjoy some of Barcelona prior to boarding ship? We each have a carry on bag, i cant see trying to do too much lugging around bags.

Leaving flight at 10:20 am. Should we be fine as long as we leave ship at 7:00 am and take taxi dirrectly? Or should be arrange transportation prior to cruise? I have read that taxis are lined up outside port, no problem getting a taxi.

Thanks for advice and sharing ideas. Im sure others have experienced same scenerio.

There will be no prob getting a taxi from the cruise port to the ship to go back home. Your 10:20 flight may be tight to catch because there is no guarantee you'll be off the ship at 7AM.

Some of the airlines( I think Delta is one) now do checkins right at the dock to I'd check with your own airline to see if that is possible .

Some people on this board hire a private car to pick them up from the airport, show them around etc. so they can also keep luggage for you while sightseeing. I suppose you could also go directly to the ship and leave your bags with porters there after a while(9AM is too early) and then go off walking on your own to do a bit of sightseeing.

Hopefully others will have some additional ideas for you.

Taxis are easy and everywhere, that would be my choice/suggestion as you have little time. Or you could entertain a private tour, but the city is easy to DIY once you are in the central area.

IMHO my big 3 would be la pedrera, sagrada familia and Las Ramblas as the three things most iconic to see there, but that is just me :o

Two of us are flying into Barcelona the day of our cruise and arrive at 9:00 am 8/2.

Our ship leaves at 6:00 so assuming we have until 3:00 to enjoy the city?? Any suggestions on what we could do and where to go to enjoy some of Barcelona prior to boarding ship? We each have a carry on bag, i cant see trying to do too much lugging around bags.

Leaving flight at 10:20 am. Should we be fine as long as we leave ship at 7:00 am and take taxi dirrectly? Or should be arrange transportation prior to cruise? I have read that taxis are lined up outside port, no problem getting a taxi.

Thanks for advice and sharing ideas. Im sure others have experienced same scenerio.

We spent three days there before our last cruise and did not see half of what we wanted to see. My favorite place was the rooftop of Casa Mila, also called La Pedrera. Sagrada Familia is also fascinating. We missed Parc Guell but everyone I know who went there said it was a highlight. We are going back to Barcelona next May and should have time to repeat our favorites and see all the other places we missed the first time.

A 9 AM arrival at the airport means a 10:30 or so arrival at the port. We did this last summer, and had no problem checking our luggage at the cruise port as we arrived (this was for a cruise that was leaving at 7 PM in the evening). You could do this, then turn around and grab a cab into town for the day.

Just got back from an absolutly wonderful time in Barcelona and other places in Europe.

I would definatly suggest Parc Guel, Sagrada Familia, the Gaudi buildings and walking in the Gothic area, also Ramblas. you can do it on your own or a tour.

We did a really good private tour with Hola! Barcelona Tours and it was fantastic- we saw all the sites in a half day tour with plenty of time!

But whatever you do, see the Sagrada Familia!

Its a beautiful city!

We have arranged a 3 hour segway tour of Barcelona!! This tour gets great reviews on Tripadvisor and allows you to see all the main sights along with a fun element.

Cant wait!

Archived