Formal Night for Carnival Dream

conniecruiser

I have cruised before but I noticed on my document this year that my dining is 5:45 - 9:00PM???? Not really sure what that means and how do they treat formal night on the Carnival Dream? The girls and I really don't want to dress up nor take any formal wear. We are on vacation and don't want to be anywhere at any certain time. I cannot wait till October 16...woo hoo.

If it says your dining time is 5:45-9pm, that means you have "Your Time Dining" which means you can go eat dinner whenever you want. This allows you to be more flexible as to when you eat, but in doing so you may not get to see the dancing waiters/dining room entertainment (if that matters to you) or possibly have the same waiters each night (although that can be requested, you may need to wait until a table in their area opens up).

As for formal - it's not so formal these days, but I would say business casual should be the low end of 'formal' (what constitutes appropriate dress on formal nights is a heavily debated topic). If you don't plan on dressing up on formal nights (Sunday and Thursdays) then I suggest you plan on eating dinner in the buffet area.

Formal nights when out when the gym shorts, short shorts, jeans, pants to the ground came into vouge and it's now just called "elegant night". You will see most any type dress on that night so you are fine with not doing it the old way. Anytime dining works best for those that like staying in ports longer and eat late lunches etc. but you have those times frames to work under.

I have cruised before but I noticed on my document this year that my dining is 5:45 - 9:00PM???? Not really sure what that means and how do they treat formal night on the Carnival Dream? The girls and I really don't want to dress up nor take any formal wear. We are on vacation and don't want to be anywhere at any certain time. I cannot wait till October 16...woo hoo.

Hey Conniecruiser we're on the Dream with you. We have a great roll call going on the boards with some events planned for the 1st sea day (1 hr meet and greet with open bar, a cabin crawl, etc.)

Why dont you join us?

Just look under carnival roll calls for the Dream and you'll find a pretty active thread. We have 20 somethings up to 70 somethings and everyone in between chatting on the roll call.

On Elegant nights on the Legend we saw everything from golf shirts and shorts to tuxes on the guys and shorts/capris to formal gowns on the women. The majority of men wore khakis and golf shirts with or without a jacket. Probably 50/50 split on ties with shirts.

Most common womans attire was pants and dressy top.

Regular nights shorts were probably 30-40% of everyone.

The way I look at it is it's vacation and my attire, as long as allowed under the dress code, shouldnt be anyone elses concern. We choose anytime dining to be more flexible and relaxed rather than feeling like we "have" to dress up and be at dinner at a certain time.

Archived