Playa PortoMari?

GypsyOBRN

We are going to Antiqua on our next back to back in November. We went to Playa Porto Mari the last time we were there (2 years ago) we had a wonderful experience & would love to repeat our visit. I had read on the boards that the taxi had gone up to 40.00 each way which is just outrageous & I was wondering if anyone has been there recently, that could let me know what their experience was like?

Thank you!

Did you mean Curacao? Porto Mari is not in Antigua.

That said, $40 is probably about right.

We went to Cas Abo last year , which is a little further, and I believe it was $70 or so round trip for 3 of us.

With inflation and all, it may be up to that price this year. You can always try to negotiate a bit, but not much on this island.

Just find several to go with you to lower the cost per person. The driver actually will not want to leave without a full van anyway, it is quite a ways up there.

That is my plan in December, Cas Abou was very nice, I just want to try another beach, and Porto Mari gets great comments. You can read down this board, or go to TripAdvisor.

In spite of of the high taxi fare to get there, the crystal clear waters at Porto Mari are worth the effort. Previous poster is on target with taxi fare estimate. We were there in early August. I would invest in some $8 water shoes, as the water entry at this beach is strewn with crushed coral and small stones. Excellent snorkeling along the cliffs you see on the left side of the photo.

Caribbean%2B2014-308.jpg

We are going to Antiqua on our next back to back in November. We went to Playa Porto Mari the last time we were there (2 years ago) we had a wonderful experience & would love to repeat our visit. I had read on the boards that the taxi had gone up to 40.00 each way which is just outrageous & I was wondering if anyone has been there recently, that could let me know what their experience was like?

Thank you!

the basic fare is from 1 up to 4 person

and going to Porto Marie is US 50 and to Cas Abou is US60

again from 1 up to 4 person

and that is one way

It was ok,You will pay a $3.50 entrance fee.It is a man made beach with a reef.Not good for snorkling.Found many beer bottles in the water.We plan on going to Playa Porta Marie.I understand that there is a higher entrance fee.I figure with four of us it could cost as much as the ship excursion but we will have 13 hours which is worth it.Most excusions will cost $50.pp anyway for only 3 1/2 hrs.Trip adviser was very helpful in planning

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This place is still as beautiful as ever!

We were there a couple of weeks ago.

Taxi price was $50 per taxi each way, so if you have others to share the ride, it is better. We were not charged for the beach access or loungers and umbrella this time. (???perhaps because we used their restaurant?? Do not know why because I did see the lady come around to others for some kind of payment). For lunch we had the local special of the day at the cafe. Per DH the snorkelling was not as great as last time, but it did not disappoint.