Suspension Bridge in the Caribbean

GalCruzer

In planning our next cruise this is something we want to be sure to do. My boyfriend especially wants to know what it would be like to walk across a suspension bridge. I myself don't really care for any zip lining but walking a suspension bridge in the Caribbean would be something I would enjoy as well. I think.

Anywho, so where in the Caribbean are these suspension bridges? I have been searching because I thought some in Jamaica but for whatever reason can't find one...So anywhere in the Caribbean would be fine.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ARRGH! Yes! There is a suspension bridge in Honduras that left me in tears. I'm terrified of heights, and the fact that they only let 1 person cross at a time didn't sit well with me. The boards and ropes seemed pretty worn, and even though the breeze was only slight, it seemed like that bridge was swaying several feet in each direction. I honestly don't know how I made it across.

I was the last one to the other side, and the guide asked why I was crying. I told him it was the most terrifying thing I'd ever done, and that I may very well be moving to Honduras because there was no way I was walking back across that thing to get back to the ship. He said "No problem. Just ask when you come back, and we'll walk you down to the cement bridge around the bend." Gee. Thanks for telling me that BEFORE I almost had a heart attack crossing your death trap.

ARRGH! Yes! There is a suspension bridge in Honduras that left me in tears. I'm terrified of heights, and the fact that they only let 1 person cross at a time didn't sit well with me. The boards and ropes seemed pretty worn, and even though the breeze was only slight, it seemed like that bridge was swaying several feet in each direction. I honestly don't know how I made it across.

I was the last one to the other side, and the guide asked why I was crying. I told him it was the most terrifying thing I'd ever done, and that I may very well be moving to Honduras bebcause there was no way I was walking back across that thing to get back to the ship. He said "No problem. Just ask when you come back, and we'll walk you down to the cement bridge around the bend." Gee. Thanks for telling me that BEFORE I almost had a heart attack crossing your death trap.

Wow, can't imagine that situation. The fact that only one could walk across at one time sounds a bit scary or maybe just cautionary. But good to know that at least there is another way down (talking about the steps) in case you wouldn't want to walk that bridge. Thanks for the info. Glad you walked across it.