Stateroom photos-Princess ships

Ship Drongo

We are regular Princess cruisers from Melbourne Australia. What I find frustrating is the lack of actual photos and accurate descriptions of Princess staterooms. Most photos and descriptions on-line are generic and don't reflect reality. Is this the same for other cruise line ships?

As an example, on Sun Princess the O5 category premium ocean-view cabin does not have a 'picture window', but a 'large window' which is close to a ceiling to floor window. All ocean-view descriptions provided by Princess are generic and the same. There are a myriad of cruise web-sites with photos but many are the generic photos provided by Princess.

This also applies to the size of staterooms. The size of a particular stateroom varies between different websites. In this modern digital world,surely the cruise companies could provide up-to-date and accurate information on staterooms.

I would encourage cruisers to up-load photos, particularly of staterooms, to Cruise Critic as I think this is the best web-site for up-to-date information for fanatical cruisers like us.

There is a website out there for a modest fee with tens of thousands of passengers photos of ship cabins. it is www.cruisedeckplans.com. They will pay you for your pictures, and you can soon make up the cost of membership. EM

Thanks, I am registered on this site. There are not photos of our class of cabin, hence my suggestion for more members to take photos of their cabin on each cruise they undertake

• 3 weeks later...
There is a website out there for a modest fee with tens of thousands of passengers photos of ship cabins. it is www.cruisedeckplans.com. They will pay you for your pictures, and you can soon make up the cost of membership. EM

Yep. I've joined and will provide pics after the cruise.:)