Port Canaveral Hotels

cgrant76

I am cruising on the 21st of June. I want to come in on the 19th, but having a hard time looking for a hotel that is close by the port and on the beach. Would love a place that would have shuttle service to the port, but that is not necessary. Also, since this is my first time in this port, I am wondering if I should stay in the Coco Beach area? There seems to be more to do there, and hotels on the beach are more common. One more thing, should I get a car for my time there? Opinions? Thanks in advance.

you want a room in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach - the problem you're having is probably searching for Port Canaveral locations but PC is not a town....the port is located in Cape Canaveral.

Many people rent a car as it is an easy drive from Orlando airport. Hertz, Budget, Enterprise, Thrifty and Dollar all have locations near the port. Some shuttle, but those that don't, the taxi fare is small. AVIS is there but rumors are they are closing this location. Again, look for Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach locations.

Is it just 2 of you? Is cost a factor? I know a couple of nice B&B's on the beach .... a little farther from the port but not too. You'd just drive to the car drop anyway.....

I am cruising on the 21st of June. I want to come in on the 19th, but having a hard time looking for a hotel that is close by the port and on the beach. Would love a place that would have shuttle service to the port, but that is not necessary. Also, since this is my first time in this port, I am wondering if I should stay in the Coco Beach area? There seems to be more to do there, and hotels on the beach are more common. One more thing, should I get a car for my time there? Opinions? Thanks in advance.

Hi:)Cocoa Beach is near the port and you are correct, there

are tons of hotels along the beach.

I have friends I met through this site and we try to get

together down there a couple of times a year.

We usually stay at the Best Western. Its on the beach

with the Pier within walking distance.

Not sure if they offer a shuttle service or not but the Port

is not far away.

Personally, in my opinion, Cocoa Beach is a great spot:)

Oh, hotels on the beach are more than common;)

They are all along---------------->:D

Hi:)Cocoa Beach is near the port and you are correct, there

are tons of hotels along the beach.

I have friends I met through this site and we try to get

together down there a couple of times a year.

We usually stay at the Best Western. Its on the beach

with the Pier within walking distance.

Not sure if they offer a shuttle service or not but the Port

is not far away.

Personally, in my opinion, Cocoa Beach is a great spot:)

Oh, hotels on the beach are more than common;)

They are all along---------------->:D

What is the name of the Best Western or is there just one. I am planning a cruise next year and am debating on Port Canaveral or Miami so am trying to find a hotel really close to the port... Thanks in advance

What is the name of the Best Western or is there just one. I am planning a cruise next year and am debating on Port Canaveral or Miami so am trying to find a hotel really close to the port... Thanks in advance

Hi, its the Best Western;)..no name in front of it.

When you say "really close"....not sure what you mean.

Most of the hotels and motels on Cocoa Beach are near

the ships. I mean, not close enough to walk, but quite

close by car. Its located on Atlantic Ave..which is also

known as A1A.

That is quite a comparison, Port Canaveral or Port of Miami.

Miami is more industrial, Canaveral is much more beachy.

My personal favorite port is Everglades. Love that area

around 17th Street:)

Hi, its the Best Western;)..no name in front of it.

When you say "really close"....not sure what you mean.

Most of the hotels and motels on Cocoa Beach are near

the ships. I mean, not close enough to walk, but quite

close by car. Its located on Atlantic Ave..which is also

known as A1A.

That is quite a comparison, Port Canaveral or Port of Miami.

Miami is more industrial, Canaveral is much more beachy.

My personal favorite port is Everglades. Love that area

around 17th Street:)

Thanks for the info. I want to go to both ports so I am not sure yet which one I am going to do, depends on the flight cost

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look for hotels in Coco Beach and look into the Best Western too. I was didn't want to rent a car, but now it seems like the best thing to do.

Captain BJ, I am going by myself for these days. The cruise is for my nieces 13th birthday, but her mom is dropping her off at the port on Sunday. I wanted to come early incase anything happens with my luggage and the airline. Where price is always a concern in this economy, I wouldn't mind any of your B&B recommendations.

~Colleen

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll look for hotels in Coco Beach and look into the Best Western too. I was didn't want to rent a car, but now it seems like the best thing to do.

Captain BJ, I am going by myself for these days. The cruise is for my nieces 13th birthday, but her mom is dropping her off at the port on Sunday. I wanted to come early incase anything happens with my luggage and the airline. Where price is always a concern in this economy, I wouldn't mind any of your B&B recommendations.

~Colleen

Coleen you may want to spend some time on the I Work In Port Canaveral thread. It might answer alot of questions for you.

Archived