Current taxi rate from San Pedro Pier 93 to LAX?

Used Primetime a lot and never had a problem. All the major shuttles drive around the airport a couple of times looking of passengers. I don't blame them; it is what keeps the rates reasonable.

Had more stops using Supper Shuttle since they are more popular.

People always report the bad stories and not the good.

www.karmel.com does not do the circle the airport routine, looking for more fares. They only pick up people who have reservations. On shared rides they do a maximum of one other stop for residential service and two for hotel service. The last time I took Stupor Shuttle, I was the second of SIX stops. At one stop the driver couldn't find the address. At another the person wasn't ready to go, slipped the driver a tip and we waited. We were late getting to Orange County Airport (SNA) and I barely made boarding. Coming back, my flight from Tampa was canceled due to weather and the only flight I could get back landed at Ontario (ONT). When I called Stupor Shuttle, they acted shocked and said they would have to cancel my round trip and charge me for two one ways. Contrast that with Karmel the previous year. One other couple for the trip to the airport and we got there earlier than planned. My flight back was canceled that time also (thunderstorms) and I called Karmel. When I gave my name, then operator said "Oh I see your flight has been canceled. What changes do we have to make to pick you up?"

Yes, they cost a few dollars more, but the service is worth it. I'll take Karmel.

Enjoy

Ron

+1 on Karmel. A former employer used them exclusively and I always heard good reports from colleagues. I personally got great service all the time. Once a fan belt broke on the van...the driver got on the radio and a rescue van showed up in 10 minutes to take me the rest of they way. They were highly apologetic.

Karmel is locally owned, not a national franchise like SS and PT. No, I have no financial interest in them.

I would definitely check out Karmel the next time we decide to take a shuttle. We had booked our last cruise less than two months before the sailing, so I just got three quotes on the shuttles (was busy with non-cruise responsibilities at that time). Despite reading negative comments about PT (some on this board), I decided to go with them as they had the lowest rate on a private van from the Valley to the port. I guess you get what you pay for. And yes, I did get an email confirmation from them with the correct info for both ends of the booking. Unfortunately, whoever set up their routes for the two days we were being picked up royally screwed up -- and didn't check against the booking info.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...