Any tours from airport in Rome to Port?

MommyJamiex4

• 2 months later...

Well you will need to get to the airport 3 hours before your flights... Just an FYI

If it were me I would book romecabs for a day tour from the port ending at the airport

The Etruscan/ castles/ lake bracianno tour would be perfect and if you book ASAP you should be able to get stefano costantini the owner of romecabs himself as this particular tour it is his personal specialty

We enjoyed it immensely

A pickup at the port at 8:30

A drop off at fco at 2:30 aprox

Only problem here is the second group

They won't even be able to begin checkin until 6:30 so they are truly stuck actually standing around until then as they will be able to do nothing at all at the checkin due to the geography of fco and could find themselves actually sitting on the floor next to the luggage!🙀

Of course as an alternative you can lug your stuff from ship to hotel in civitavecchia and have a relaxing day in the town and then have a transfer pick up group A about 2 pm and another transfer about for group B around 5 pm. This would be relaxing for the most part.

Or Plan c which is to transfer from ship to airport hotel for the day and then individually arrange to get to fco at the appropriate times ... But staying in civitavecchia is much more quaint than the fco Marriott lol

Does your group really need to stay together all day? Maybe 2 individual plans of action might work best?

Costly though any which way and they 9 pm group IMHO would be best served taking a day tour of the outskirts of Rome area with a drop off at fco at 6 pm. Ostia antica the Etruscan tombs ... Lots if great stuff to do..... But then again there is the earlier flight people to consider so that us why I suggested splitting up that day

Many here will of course make much better suggestions than I have and will rip my suggestions apart.... But that is the nature of cc... Lol... Good luck with whatever you decide

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Thanks for the suggestions, I think the idea of a hotel for the day in civitavecchia would be good... Is there anything to do there or would we be able to just related by a pool... Would we be able to get a taxi easily from the shop to hotel... Would this be a cheaper option then a day room in centre of Rome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestions, I think the idea of a hotel for the day in civitavecchia would be good... Is there anything to do there or would we be able to just related by a pool... Would we be able to get a taxi easily from the shop to hotel... Would this be a cheaper option then a day room in centre of Rome

I'm not sure that any of the commonly recommended hotels in town (in Civitavecchia) have a pool.

Since the poster is from the UK, they won't need to be at FCO 3 hours ahead of time. They won't be doing the T5 thing that passengers on nonstop flights from FCO to the US/Canada have to do. But, it's not an intra-Schengen flight, either, so they may want to contact their airline to see how much time they need for processing.

If not going into Rome, you may want to try to secure a day rate at one of the hotels around FCO (if that is the airport you are departing from). I believe the Hilton Garden Inn has a pool…You'll most likely have to contact the hotels directly to find out about the possibility of a day rate.

Since the poster is from the UK, they won't need to be at FCO 3 hours ahead of time. They won't be doing the T5 thing that passengers on nonstop flights from FCO to the US/Canada have to do. But, it's not an intra-Schengen flight, either, so they may want to contact their airline to see how much time they need for processing.

If not going into Rome, you may want to try to secure a day rate at one of the hotels around FCO (if that is the airport you are departing from). I believe the Hilton Garden Inn has a pool…You'll most likely have to contact the hotels directly to find out about the possibility of a day rate.

In my post # 5 I was answering the poster in post #4. There is no indication in their post where they are flying to

Not sure there is any reference from original poster in post #1 where they are from either

I only respond to the info in the post and do not bother or see anything else about them like cruise history and the like

Edited by luvtheships

We are flying to London. But I can take a taxi it transfer to hotel near airport early morning and spend the day at the hotel... Or do you think it will be better to find hotel in the centre and have more to do there although we have all been to time before so will not need to do any sight seeing - kist thought we could have lunch out and relax in hotel

Which hotel - Hilton garden Inn or Hilton airport hotel. We only need it for the day, no overnight stop.. Please recommend !!

The link in cruisemom42's post is to the Hilton Airport. As mentioned before, and from the pic in the link, it is actually part of the airport.

That's right, it's the Hilton at the airport.... But there is also the Hilton Garden Inn which I believe is by the airport, I would like to know which is the preferred hotel please

The Hilton GARDEN Inn is NOT at the airport, it is nearby. The Hilton Airport is AT THE AIRPORT, it is physically built into the airport.

Thank you, my question is which of the two hotels is nicer. I understand Hilton Airport Hotel has a shuttle to the city and is only a short walk to terminal 3.. My main reason for looking for a hotel post cruise is to use the room just for the day as we will be departing Rome in evening. Somewhere just to off load our luggage and move about more freely or perhaps sit by a pool .

In my post # 5 I was answering the poster in post #4. There is no indication in their post where they are flying to

Not sure there is any reference from original poster in post #1 where they are from either

I only respond to the info in the post and do not bother or see anything else about them like cruise history and the like

I wasn't responding to the OP, but the poster from "London" who asked about where to go…I didn't look at cruise history, either. Just where they are from in their header information…

There are TWO Hilton family hotels at FCO: the Hilton and the Hilton Garden Inn. I did get them confused: The Hilton has the pool, but the HGI is half the price…The Hilton is built connecting to the parking structure which you walk through from the train terminal. The HGI is a few kilometers away, but "within" the boundaries of airport property. That's why they say they are at the airport… I've only stayed at the Hilton - I honestly never saw the pool. I got in there in the evening and left in the morning. It is a business-class hotel - not a vacation hotel. Unless you take a taxi somewhere (or the shuttle into Rome), you are pretty limited in any food options; eat at the hotel or walk over into the terminal and see what is available landslide.

Edited by slidergirl

Thank you, my question is which of the two hotels is nicer. I understand Hilton Airport Hotel has a shuttle to the city and is only a short walk to terminal 3.. My main reason for looking for a hotel post cruise is to use the room just for the day as we will be departing Rome in evening. Somewhere just to off load our luggage and move about more freely or perhaps sit by a pool .

The Hilton Airport is the nicer hotel.