Earnings Call: How Epic Has Impacted Royal Caribbean, and More

just based on my limited knowledge....................i would not think epic would have that great of an impact because of what several friends have said about their ncl cruises- it does look like a neat ship tho and i wouldnt mind trying it but ................... it will be awhile as we are stuck on rcl at the current time ;)

.i would not think epic would have that great of an impact ;)

I think it would. I really like royal caribbean , but I think oasis of the seas prices are crazy. I dont care if the ship is new or have a circus onboard.That tag prices is ridiculos, go on,,, You can have it . I will wait at least

more year , but that time , the prices will be lower and it will be a new ship for since since I have never been there :D

I think it would. I really like royal caribbean , but I think oasis of the seas prices are crazy. I dont care if the ship is new or have a circus onboard.That tag prices is ridiculos, go on,,, You can have it . I will wait at least

more year , but that time , the prices will be lower and it will be a new ship for since since I have never been there :D

I'm not sure just how much the introduction of the NCL Epic will affect pricing on Oasis,or Allure for that matter. Especially if you compare the initial reaction of guests who experienced Oasis with that of guests who have sailed on Epic. The public reaction to Epic certainly hasn't been overwhelmingly positive, especially compared to the initial response to Oasis when she debuted. It appears that NCL is now considering replacing the controversial sinks in many of the staterooms, a problem which Mr. Sheehan prefers to blame on his predecessor rather than accept any responsibility for not recognizing the problem and fixing it while the ship was still under construction.:rolleyes:

The market will always determine pricing and if resistance to Oasis' prices is strong, you will see them drop. If not and they can continue to fill her at current prices your wait for lower prices might be longer than you imagine.Clearly when both Allure and Oasis are competing for business there may be a lowering of prices but the innovative features that both ships offer will make both of them extremely attractive to many potential customers.

The good news is that RCI has reported profits and apparently is performing much better than was the case a year ago.

I put Oasis prices being high at the same level as Disney prices being high. It's amazing that year after year people continue to pay a higher price for the experience. The uniqueness allows it to be priced higher.

My personal opinion is that the uniqueness for Oasis will subside, but don't think a comparison to Epic is fair. I think you can compare Freedom to Epic not Oasis/Allure based on everything I've read, size amentities, etc.

Time will tell and we still look forward to our Oasis cruise in less than 6 weeks.

Archived