Princess has cancelled our cruise

nunuc2000

VERY disappointed... just got notice from Princess that the cruise we booked in October has been cancelled. Even more frustrating is that we booked all of our air travel through Princess, to include the arrival prior to the Princess Oct 1 cruise (arrival on Sept 30), and to return home after our Carnival B2B Hawaiian voyage... Oct 30th.

Now we have to figure out if there's something else we can tack onto either end, and to try and re-coordinate the flights again. To top it all off, we booked it using FCC's that will expire if not used to book something with Princess by May. Grrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

Why is Princess not refunding your air?

They've cancelled it entirely, including the air - the air portion that we booked through Princess was not due until final payment, so we haven't paid for it yet, but it was very economical compared to booking our own flights. So now we'll have to look for another cruise to tack on before or after our Carnival cruises, plus re-coordinate air travel for that (at a higher cost), and our FCC's that we used to book this Princess cruise expire in May if not used to book a bruise by then. So frustrated!!!

You could ask to have the FCC's extended. My TA had indicated that this is possible under most circumstances, and your particular case would make it even more compelling (since you had used them within deadline and Princess cancelled the cruise).

They've cancelled it entirely, including the air - the air portion that we booked through Princess was not due until final payment, so we haven't paid for it yet, but it was very economical compared to booking our own flights. So now we'll have to look for another cruise to tack on before or after our Carnival cruises, plus re-coordinate air travel for that (at a higher cost), and our FCC's that we used to book this Princess cruise expire in May if not used to book a bruise by then. So frustrated!!!

Gotcha, in your post sounded like you couldn't get your air back.

We have had 2 cruises canceled over the years. It is frustrating. :(

What ship?

VERY disappointed... just got notice from Princess that the cruise we booked in October has been cancelled. Even more frustrating is that we booked all of our air travel through Princess, to include the arrival prior to the Princess Oct 1 cruise (arrival on Sept 30), and to return home after our Carnival B2B Hawaiian voyage... Oct 30th.

Now we have to figure out if there's something else we can tack onto either end, and to try and re-coordinate the flights again. To top it all off, we booked it using FCC's that will expire if not used to book something with Princess by May. Grrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

All you have to do is ask for your FCC to be extended, we have never had a problem. We've had a cruise canceled before and it's disappointing. Good Luck!

Absolutely nothing else works that I can see... it was the Ruby, Oct 1... now on line it's showing "sold out", but I assume that's just to close it off

til they remove it from the site.

We had specifically booked that one as it was a fabulous itinerary that was unique for us, and was exactly the full week prior to our Carnival cruises we're taking. Don't want to take another Mexican Riviera the week before the Mexican Riviera we already have booked. I'm looking now to see if there's anything we can tack on to the tail end of the Hawaiian cruise.

I've been trying to reach my PVP for the last hour, but I suspect he's avoiding me until he finds out what happened with that cruise... my guess is that Princess gave it out to a charter.

Thankfully that's never happened to me & it must be awful to have such a perfectly planned multi cruise trip planned! :(

I would guess that a group booking was the reason for your situation & hopefully your PVP will give you an honest reason why this happened to you.

Princess is testing a new version of their cruise search function which allows us to select multiple options in each search category & maybe like me you will find it to be a better way to search for alternative options.

http://www.princess.com/find/advancedSearch.do?resType=C

I'm guessing that you haven't made final payment on your Carnival cruise? I'd be very unhappy if Princess cancelled my cruise for a charter. I recall reading posts that Princess took reservations for the first Valentine's Day cruise of the Regal & then cancelled it for a charter. Sadly such decisions are all about money without any concern for passengers who had their cruise cancelled. :(

I searched for cruises longer than 6 days from Vancouver in September & October and there is a 15 day roundtrip Vancouver cruise to Hawaii sailing on 9/24. It next sails a roundtrip Vanvouver 10 day CA Coastal cruise. Just something I saw but maybe not what you desire...although you would only need to get to Vancouver for a 25 day b2b cruise. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

It appears that the September 19 and 24 sailings of Ruby have been pulled as well. One can only guess whether it is a lengthy charter, lengthy drydock or Princess deciding to add extra Vancouver sailings those weeks. But even as a normally last-minute booker I sympathize with the OP and think that cancelling sailings just seven months out is cutting it too close; surely plenty of people on these cruises have bought their own non-refundable air and hotels by now.

I don't know what the PVPs can offer in this case; I was speaking to mine last week about my next cruise and it seems they have been slammed lately (probably having to cover the regular CS calls between their own clients). At least they should reassure you that your FCC and its benefits will be extended a couple years.

Edited by fishywood

Here's a post from today on another thread about the compensation one passenger received for slightly less notification time before their cruise was cancelled. There may be several variables considered such as airfare change fees so each passenger could have a different experience even on the same cancelled cruise.

We were kicked off the sailing as it was a complete charter. They did end up compensating us $200 in onboard credit if we moved to an alternate sailing within a week or two. We did just that. While I do not consider $200 to move to a different sailing a great deal of compensation, we did end up going on a wonderful cruise in place of the original itinerary. I would no longer count on anything such as a free cruise or even a heavily discounted price if they do end up canceling your sailing.

I believe this was all done in April for a Sept sailing ... I may have my notification date a little off ... but it was months before the cruise. We were actually going to do a B2B but the change made it a bit less special so ended up canceling the second leg anyway. I don't think many people on our roll call ended up on the new sailing, which was the same embarkation port but a completely different itinerary and went from 14 nights to 9. It all worked out in the end for us but most people on our roll call were mad as he!! so didn't rebook.

Thanks for the advice and sympathy, everyone... got an update from my PVP this afternoon:

It appears that a few sequential Ruby Princess cruises have been modified from the current 7-day itineraries in favor of 3-5 day itineraries, to be published on Princess.com shortly.

Unfortunately, as the FCC's are due to expire, they must be used to book a Princess Cruise before their expiry date in May.

I am NOT satisfied with the answer about my FCC's and will be calling someone else at Princess to assist with that one... expire, my butt!! :mad:

Celine

Thanks for the advice and sympathy, everyone... got an update from my PVP this afternoon:

It appears that a few sequential Ruby Princess cruises have been modified from the current 7-day itineraries in favor of 3-5 day itineraries, to be published on Princess.com shortly.

Unfortunately, as the FCC's are due to expire, they must be used to book a Princess Cruise before their expiry date in May.

I am NOT satisfied with the answer about my FCC's and will be calling someone else at Princess to assist with that one... expire, my butt!! :mad:

Celine

If you cannot talk to someone who will fairly extend you FCCs, you could email Customer Relations although that could take days to reply to you. Once in awhile when necessary they have called me about a concern.

customerrelations@princesscruises.com

Celine

Just book a couple of the shorter cruises.

I got an email that our Sept 24 cruise is cancelled because of a change in deployment. They are offering $15 OBC per passenger as compensation. Seems a little low for the inconvenience they are causing.

Yep! That's what I got for the 10/1/16 Ruby cancellation. I was able to move my reservation to the 10/8 cruise and kept the same cabin. So the $15 will go towards a glass of wine or two

Same message we got "redeployment... Blah, blah"

The shorter cruises do not interest us because they don't do San Francisco and San Diego and Santa Barbara and Ensenada :(

If you want them to extend your future cruise certificate, I would try back again. I usually find that speaking to someone else down at Princess is sometimes the answer. One will say no, another will say yes. Third time is always a charm.

I know it might not be quite as convenient but would you be able to fly up to San Francisco and do this coastal cruise? Does it fall into your schedule? If the 7 day coastal works for you on the Grand out of SF, it will still visit the same ports. Just a thought, even better if it allows you to stay for a few days and see the sites of our lovely city.

To the poster that was offered $15 ... whoa....I was the one that had a cruise canceled by Celebrity and thought that $200 wasn't all that generous. Yikes! $15 is incredibly low when you consider all the other planning that has taken place and that Princess will oftentimes offer you a LOT when you take a move over offer.