Guarantee MX mini suite deck 8

sheffield

Looking to book a cruise for middle of August and the price for the above cabins is very reasonable. Does anyone know of a downside to these cabins? I realize there must be some, otherwise they wouldn't be the price they are.

Thanks

Looking to book a cruise for middle of August and the price for the above cabins is very reasonable. Does anyone know of a downside to these cabins? I realize there must be some, otherwise they wouldn't be the price they are.

Thanks

Since there are so few deck 8 MX cabins and you booked a guarantee, there is a 99.9% chance you will be placed in a mini-suite somewhere else on the ship. With a guarantee, any mini-suite is possible.

This pic might help explain if you haven't seen it yet.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QYTwqysC_zUyLvlEn-xEs4zmK0q6O2I1sqEeP7bP314/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd42d19e5_5_18

Hope that helps :)

They can assign any mini suite even though it's designated as an MX? Thanks for the pics.

Yes because any other mini-suite subcategory would be "better", any category ending with X is the lowest subcatecory available.

Edited by Demonyte

I have a MX mini-suite on Deck 8, is that a bad thing?

There are only 2 MX rooms on the entire ship (see photo I linked above). Do you have a room number assigned? If so, that will be your room. If you don't have a room assigned to your reservation; then you will end up in another mini-suite which could be any deck/any location (but it will be a mini-suite). Does that make sense?

Since there are so few deck 8 MX cabins and you booked a guarantee, there is a 99.9% chance you will be placed in a mini-suite somewhere else on the ship. With a guarantee, any mini-suite is possible.

This pic might help explain if you haven't seen it yet.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QYTwqysC_zUyLvlEn-xEs4zmK0q6O2I1sqEeP7bP314/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd42d19e5_5_18

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the link!

Is there a chance a MX booking could get an obstructed view?

There are no balcony cabins that would have obsructed views on any NCL ship - on newest ships there might not be a view directly down to the ocean because of the lifeboats hanging below, but they do not obstruct views except when looking down from the balcony.

There are some regular balconies on some ships that are enclosed, but even those are not obstructed in a sense.

Edited by Demonyte