Cabanas at gsc

andychris

I recently booked the ncl gem for July 2017. I heard that the cabanas go fast and to book early. I do not see where I can do so. We are staying in a balcony cabin. Are higher cabins only eligible to book prior to sailing?

Thanks so much

It's possible they just aren't loaded in the shore excursions section yet. I've booked both large and small cabanas while sailing in an inside cabin, and in a suite. I usually book them just a few months prior to sailing, and haven't noticed an earlier availability with the suites. It's possible they're booked, but I'd say unlikely. I'm sailing on the Epic in January, and there are both large and small available still. I'd recommend checking daily if you really want to book one. Hope you can get one - they're fantastic!

It's possible they just aren't loaded in the shore excursions section yet. I've booked both large and small cabanas while sailing in an inside cabin, and in a suite. I usually book them just a few months prior to sailing, and haven't noticed an earlier availability with the suites. It's possible they're booked, but I'd say unlikely. I'm sailing on the Epic in January, and there are both large and small available still. I'd recommend checking daily if you really want to book one. Hope you can get one - they're fantastic!

How much were the cabanas and what did they include?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much were the cabanas and what did they include?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It depends. On my first Sky sailing in March 2015, small cabanas were (I think?) $200. On my Getaway sailing in January 2016, small cabanas were $400. On my last Sky sailing in March 2016, large and small cabanas both were $250. I'm guessing pricing varies based on ship size and how well they're selling?

They include a $50 food credit (we used it for champagne and a fruit platter the 1st year, and I have no idea what the 2nd year when it was all-inclusive for alcohol. Fruit probably?), floating mats, bottled water, chips and salsa, and probably something else I'm forgetting. I book them because I a) need shade, b) like having a 'home base' to store my stuff, and c) like having my own space on a crowded island. :)

You also get an attendant who refills your chips and salsa and will take drink orders. Ours was incredible on our last cruise and kept us well-supplied with mimosas, margaritas, and pizza all day. :D

It depends. On my first Sky sailing in March 2015, small cabanas were (I think?) $200. On my Getaway sailing in January 2016, small cabanas were $400. On my last Sky sailing in March 2016, large and small cabanas both were $250. I'm guessing pricing varies based on ship size and how well they're selling?

They include a $50 food credit (we used it for champagne and a fruit platter the 1st year, and I have no idea what the 2nd year when it was all-inclusive for alcohol. Fruit probably?), floating mats, bottled water, chips and salsa, and probably something else I'm forgetting. I book them because I a) need shade, b) like having a 'home base' to store my stuff, and c) like having my own space on a crowded island. :)

You also get an attendant who refills your chips and salsa and will take drink orders. Ours was incredible on our last cruise and kept us well-supplied with mimosas, margaritas, and pizza all day. :D

I'm booked on the Epic for March 18th-25th 2017 and the price to rent the Cabanas is $449 for small and $499 for a large (both include $50 credit).

Question...if you have the Ultimate Drink package does it include beer, etc. on Great Stirrup Cay?

I'm booked on the Epic for March 18th-25th 2017 and the price to rent the Cabanas is $449 for small and $499 for a large (both include $50 credit).

Question...if you have the Ultimate Drink package does it include beer, etc. on Great Stirrup Cay?

Yes, the UBP works on the island as well! :)

Hi, I have many questions and would appreciate all the advice any of you have.

1. Does anyone have a picture of the current map of GSC? The only one I saw still has the hippo slide on it.

2. Does anyone have a picture of the numbered small cabanas? One post on another thread said they started at #11 and another said #12, and another said they started with #3 and that it was in a hotter area.

3. Is the Snorkel Center where we check in when we arrive on GCS, and is it to the left of the tender pier?

4. Do we pick up the Tram from the Snorkel Center?

Thanks to all of you.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, I have many questions and would appreciate all the advice any of you have.

1. Does anyone have a picture of the current map of GSC? The only one I saw still has the hippo slide on it.

2. Does anyone have a picture of the numbered small cabanas? One post on another thread said they started at #11 and another said #12, and another said they started with #3 and that it was in a hotter area.

3. Is the Snorkel Center where we check in when we arrive on GCS, and is it to the left of the tender pier?

4. Do we pick up the Tram from the Snorkel Center?

Thanks to all of you.

1. They are upgrading the Island - any photos now will be obsolete, cruises in November will see it first, I believe.

4. You can pick up the tram from the drop off point - at least we did last time we were there.

Loved having the Small Cabana - felt private and there was a BAR close by for drinks. We ordered shrimp, and a cheese platter - it was by far the best choice for the Island. We were far enough away from everything, yet close enough to still hear the music. I would highly recommend watching NCL site and booking as soon as it appears on the excursions.

1. They are upgrading the Island - any photos now will be obsolete, cruises in November will see it first, I believe.

4. You can pick up the tram from the drop off point - at least we did last time we were there.

Loved having the Small Cabana - felt private and there was a BAR close by for drinks. We ordered shrimp, and a cheese platter - it was by far the best choice for the Island. We were far enough away from everything, yet close enough to still hear the music. I would highly recommend watching NCL site and booking as soon as it appears on the excursions.

Thank you for your great response. We were booked for it but now with the Hurricane Damage, it won't open on time, our ship will not go there and instead we are going to Nassua. :(.