am i the only one who does not like

phyzz

I've tried it twice. The first time I didn't like it at all. It was pretty much all melted chocolate and very little cake. The second time was much better. Maybe it was cooked a little longer? My favorite dessert is definitely the Bitter & Blanc bread pudding!

WCMC can often be inconsistent when prepared for large groups. It should be somewhat gooey in the middle, but not liquid, think hot fudge sauce. Bitter and Blanc brad pudding and the Grand Mariner souffles are so much beter IMO. But we always get at least one WCMC "for the table" which most it usually finds a way to my stomach:D

I to am not a fan, athough it seems everyone around totally love it sometimes ordering two at a time. I wish however Carnival served more milk choc. EVERYTHING it seems is dark choc. Hot choc machine is the only way to have that milk choc flavor :(

• 3 weeks later...
I to am not a fan, athough it seems everyone around totally love it sometimes ordering two at a time. I wish however Carnival served more milk choc. EVERYTHING it seems is dark choc. Hot choc machine is the only way to have that milk choc flavor :(

Dark Chocalate is better for you. In fact on a diet it is preferred over milk chocalate.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it once, back on the Valor. I dont think I even finished it. While I do like chocolate, I really didnt enjoy this dessert very much. I thought it was too rich tasting. I havent ordered it since. But it is obviously liked by many people, and as they say food appreciation is really subjective. What one person loves, another one hates.

I thought at first I really enjoyed the WCMC, and the first two times I had it, it was the way it was supposed to be, but when we were on the Legend, it just didn't have the flavor, more like chocolate goo. and not gooey enough. I think it depends on when you order it. I wanted to try Blanc and Bitter, but never saw it on the menu. We are doing the Fascination in December, is Blanc and Bitter still on the menu?

• 1 month later...

I love melting cake, but then again I have never found a desert that was too sweet for me, not ever lol! I have one hell of a sweet tooth!

My boyfriend on the other hand did not like it at all! Therefore I would order him one and eat it :) lol (he didn't do any other deserts either, not a big desert guy)

My wife is addicted to it. She has it every night of the cruise, but even she admits that it needs extra ice cream to tone it down a bit. I get it sometimes, but I'm usually content to steal a bite of hers.

I agree that it is kind of inconsistent. Sometimes more gooey pudding and other times more cake-like.

Ok, I have to confess that we do our own little mini-buffet and always make it a point to order a variety of different items from each course, then share with each other. :)

carnival's Warm Melting Choc. cake ??? :eek:

I thought it was disgusting ! gritty and gooey .

I do like chocolate desserts but it is too much for me, the orange sherbert is pretty good with it. I wait patiently for the grand marnier soffle, that is my favorite.

I love this dessert...on our last cruise I asked for the recipe...they kept them at the front of the restaurant...laughed when I started to read it...think it was a recipe to serve 400...now I just have to get out and buy 400 little bowls to cook them in and a truck to haul the ingredients:p

• 2 weeks later...

I usually order it on CCL cruises but after this past cruise last month I don't think I will again. It can be very runny or even overbaked. The consistancy of the product isn't there. The creme brullee is very good but also very sweet.