Posted October 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Ok so I am taking my yearly Bahamas cruise in November, but this year on the Enchantment of the Seas. I have a few questions, just regarding some simple information, so we can plan accordingly. If you can't answer all, just answer what you can.
1) I heard that for most of the cruise the bungee trampolines are closed, due to wind. If it is open for me, is there a fee?
2) Is the spa worth it?
3) What time can you begin to board?
4) Is the extra fee dining worth the pay?
5) After our Eco Tour and Snorkel Expedition is over on CoCo Cay, should we go sit on Barefoot Beach?
6) What time did your stateroom open on your cruise? (Just to get an average)
7) Are any franchise restaurants (Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, etc) on the Enchantment? If so, which ones?
That is pretty much it. Thanks for your help. If you have any extra information that you would like to share, feel free to do so. Thank you.
1: nope no fee but the hours are limited( and yes, a few times when DH went to partake it was shut down due to wind)
2: meh.. subjective. since there is no sauna( unless they are putting one in during the refurb) DH never used it like he would have normally. I have long given up paying the prices so unless I get offered a sweet deal on a massage, I don't bother any more.
3: Baltimore tends to start fairly early.. we were on board before noon(suite)
4: My personal opinion: not more than once. it was fine, and we do not regret eating at Chops but will not do so again
5: entirely at your discretion.
6: they made the announcement by 1330 on our last one.
7: there is a Starbucks kiosk. after the refurb in December she is getting more I think.
The Solarium has LIMITED options for lunch.. a plain Jane salad bar. HOWEVER, if the WJ is too crowded( and frankly, it will be) embarkation day, you can snag a burger or dog with a huge fixin's bar if you are okay with such a small choice. the cookies were pretty darn tasty though. DH had his dog with sauerkraut and was quite the happy camper.
If you have access to the Concierge Lounge, Reyno is great. very personable and Frank the bartender in there for cocktail hour is vey generous.