Coastal Kitchen non suite reservation

I booked all of my specialty restaurants 3 months ago for our upcoming Harmony cruise in November 2016. I am travelling in a boardwalk balcony. One of my options was Coastal Kitchen, and I booked it for the 2nd formal night. I realize that this venue is typically for suites only, but assumed that it was made available to a few select non-suite passengers because I booked it so early. Any thoughts? Will they turn me away at the door, even though I have written confirmation. Not a deal breaker by any stretch...just curious.

Since your cruise has not happened, there is no way to know

Obviously my cruise has not happened, but the Harmony is currently sailing. It is my hope that somebody else may have a similar situation and share it with the group.

You may want to check with the Coastal Kitchen host or hostess upon boarding. The venue is not that large and opening it to everyone seems highly unlikely. The Royal website is fraught with problems and inconsistencies, so it may behoove you to check first rather than show up and be turned away. Enjoy your cruise.

I think that may be a mistake on the Web page. Coastal kitchen is open to those in a junior suite for dinner only. Full suite passengers have access to it for breakfast lunch and dinner.

I personally would print out your confirmation and present it to the maitre d at Coastal Kitchen. Although it is very good, I personally would not pay for it as one of my options for specialty dining, although there are free beer and wine during dinner. If it was a website mistake, they should honor it or give you a replacement restaurant.

unless you are Pinnacle, I doubt that you will be seated at all since you are not in a suite. Pinnacle would be the only exception I could see being made

Pinnacles are supposed to have access, so it wouldn't be an exception.

But yes, being pinnacle is the only way someone staying in a regular cabin would be able to get access

unless you are Pinnacle, I doubt that you will be seated at all since you are not in a suite. Pinnacle would be the only exception I could see being made

I just heard that P's will no longer have access to CK when all Suites are full. I also heard they will ask a P to give up their seat if crowding becomes a issue in CK and you will need to find elsewhere to dine and you will be charged for that meal. OBC will not be honored for this expense.

I heard this from a well established officer and a regular Nintendo character, as well as the porter at baggage drop-off. They have never been wrong.

Hope you enjoy my humor...... LOL

My understanding has been the same as one of the other posters, namely, guests in junior suites (not regular staterooms) can make dinner reservations for Coastal Kitchen) but not for breakfast and lunch, and Pinnacle Club members have access to CK for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Obviously things are always subject to change, and RCI's IT department can often post incorrect info, but until there is some information that is more reliable than the "some unidentified insider who has made this claim", I expect that the OP should find that his reservation will be honored. Bringing along a printed confirmation is definitely a good idea.

I just heard that P's will no longer have access to CK when all Suites are full. I also heard they will ask a P to give up their seat if crowding becomes a issue in CK and you will need to find elsewhere to dine and you will be charged for that meal. OBC will not be honored for this expense.

I heard this from a well established officer and a regular Nintendo character, as well as the porter at baggage drop-off. They have never been wrong.

Hope you enjoy my humor...... LOL

Not true....on Oasis now and we can eat there anytime( we are pinnacle)

However we are not allowef to invite guests because the suites are full.

Normally you can 2x a week.

Not true....on Oasis now and we can eat there anytime( we are pinnacle)

However we are not allowe to invite guests because the suites are full.

Normally you can 2x a week.

Thanks for the update about dinner guests in CK. Is this just for PC or does it apply to everyone?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Thanks for the update about dinner guests in CK. Is this just for PC or does it apply to everyone?

Your welcome. I just heard a lot more changes coming due to so many P's on cruises, RCCL has determined to take action. I heard a P + is coming soon.

Your welcome. I just heard a lot more changes coming due to so many P's on cruises, RCCL has determined to take action. I heard a P + is coming soon.

Your short history is one full of making made-up statements that are not true….probably just to be silly. What a shame.

The people on CC are almost always helpful and truthful…you have a lot to learn.

Edited by beachnative

Your short history is one full of making made-up statements that are not true….probably just to be silly. What a shame.

The people on CC are almost always helpful and truthful…you have a lot to learn.

Maybe. But I am amused when a thread comes up with speculation regarding changes to the C&A program. So many feel this is something they are entitled too but yet they can't comprehend the rules set forth in the guildlines. My lady and I enjoy all our cruises. We don't sweat the small stuff. But mess with someone's FREE drinks in happy hours in a lounge, watch out. Are you one of those??

Reading comprehension seems to be a rare thing. The original statement clearly had a disclaimer at the end making it obvious the entire thing was said in jest

Reading comprehension seems to be a rare thing. The original statement clearly had a disclaimer at the end making it obvious the entire thing was said in jest

I get it. But threaten STATUS and everyone comes out to fight. Lol