For those of you who are not familiar with Oceania’s Cabanas they are small, semi-private, areas located on the forward Sky Deck just behind the glass windshield. There are eight Cabanas and they take-up the entire forward area of the Sky Deck. The Cabanas are available for rent for the entire cruise for $500 (for a 10-day cruise anyway) in advance on Oceanic’s webpage. If there are any unrented Cabanas, they can be rented by the day for $50 during port days and $100.00 for sea days. I believe most, if not all, eight Cabanas were rented in advance of our cruise.
When we first arrived in our cabin we found a canvas tote bag on the bed that contained some skin sun care products, one Oceania sun visor, one Oceania baseball cap, and two very nice “Oceania Cruises” monogrammed beach towels (to take home). Other amenities in the Cabana Package include:
- Balinese day bed for two
- Full waiter service all day including lunch delivered from the Waves Grill. (The excellent and friendly waiters would stop by frequently and ask if wanted anything, even if we just wanted ice water. Also, the Junior Head Waiters would visit everyday to make sure we had anything we wanted.)
- Fresh fruit skewers served in the morning (or later if we did not arrive until afternoon)
- Ice cream served in the afternoon
- One 10-minute chair massage per person, or in our case, I let my wife have my ten minutes so she got a 20-minute massage down in the main Salon.
- 25% discount on Mandara Spa services during port days
We used our Cabana nearly everyday and really enjoyed it. It was great having a reserved private space outside with service that really made you feel special. The view from all but the two end Cabanas is straight forward since there are canvas curtains on both sides of each Cabana for privacy. These curtains can be pulled back if the adjacent Cabana(s) is empty and you want more visibility or airflow. Incase the sun is too strong there is a semi-transparent top that can be easily extended over part or all of each Cabana.
The usefulness of the Cabanas is very dependent on the weather. They are great for warn weather cruises, but would not be very useful for cruises that would have many cold or cloudy days.
Based on our experience we will rent a Cabana during our next Oceania Cruise as soon as we decide when we can go again!
Celebrity/RCCL = Elite/Diamond, Princess = Platinum