Our Honeymoon! on the Navigator

We did our 25th anniversary on Navigator (Vancouver - Seward) and loved it. We've been on Regent pretty much ever since, including Navigator several times. I think that its really cool you can sail Navigator on your Honeymoon! I see you've been on Thomson Destiny. We've never cruised Thomson so I really can't give you any comparisons. I even looked up Destiny on the Thomson site and she is no longer listed (apparently, she's on her last cruise now). Regent's web site has quite a bit of detail about suites and such; and, if you have any specific questions I'm sure folks here will be helpful.

Congratulations!!:D

Greg

Thank you for such a lovely reply! We really appreciate it. We too have been on the Thomson site and could not find her (the Destiny.) We wanted to compare the room size - not that we spent that much time in there, but it would have been nice to see her again as we had such a great, great time !! We cannot wait to experience the Navigator and will be getting married in UK 10/11/12 so looking forward to this special time. :)

So which Navigator cruise have you booked?? And in which suite... most of the Nav suites have balconies, and are very spacious. Bathrooms with baths AND separate showers etc. Nice little ship!! Only drawback is that there are really only two restaurants to choose from and one (Prime 7) requires reservations and you are only allowed one res. per cruise...

Hey, for the honeymoon, they may be wanting to use room service a lot, Gerry. And room service on any regent ship is outstanding.

Lucky people to be able to afford navigator for a honeymoon. George and I were poor as church mice when we got married.

Hi all, very excited as just booked our honeymoon on the Navigator, have we booked the right thing? Love to hear your thoughts, K&A :)

You will love Regent!! We will be on the same cruise too. Our third Regent cruise we will celebrate our 41st anniversary on board.

So which Navigator cruise have you booked?? And in which suite... most of the Nav suites have balconies, and are very spacious. Bathrooms with baths AND separate showers etc. Nice little ship!! Only drawback is that there are really only two restaurants to choose from and one (Prime 7) requires reservations and you are only allowed one res. per cruise...

We are on the caribbean cruise leaving Miami on the 15th of November. our cabin is 616. no balcony as the last cruise we went on (our 1st) we did not spend much time in the cabin. We thought that the extra cost was probably not worth it as we would be out most of the time, we may be wrong but it's done now....................

We just booked our first cruise on Regent and are also leaving Miami on 11/15. We have cruised multiple times over 10 years ago - we are so excited to be returning to cruising on the Navigator. I need to start following the comments on this forum - they are so helpful!

We are on the caribbean cruise leaving Miami on the 15th of November. our cabin is 616. no balcony as the last cruise we went on (our 1st) we did not spend much time in the cabin. We thought that the extra cost was probably not worth it as we would be out most of the time, we may be wrong but it's done now....................

"did not spend much time in the cabin" on your honeymoon? lol

My sister and I were on Regent when it was Radisson on the Diamond and we had honeymooners in the next suite. We saw them in a public place once; I kid you not. Diamond was small, only a couple of hundred pax so you did see everybody.

But, you will LOVE Regent!

Hey, for the honeymoon, they may be wanting to use room service a lot, Gerry. And room service on any regent ship is outstanding.

Lucky people to be able to afford navigator for a honeymoon. George and I were poor as church mice when we got married.

We've been married 60 years this coming June and still poor as church mice. What's the secret? Why do a luxury ship anyway on a honeymoon? They never leave the cabin . . . meals brought in . . . music on the TV . . . wines in the frig . . . so why go the extra expense of excursions and all when you have this beautiful cabin and a cool moon on the balcony? Jack Morris

We squeezed a second dining experience out of Prime 7 on our South Coast cruise in April. The first time we sat with a full restaurant. The second time there were three tables for 4 empty and we asked, and without reservation, if we could simply walk in. We did! After dinner I inquired why the empty tables with our server and he said it did happen and but had no explanation as to why it happened. My advice for anyone wanting to go a second time is to take your chances by visiting the entrance and, if you see more than 2 tables empty, request one of them. It does pay to ask. Jack Morris

Jack, pretty often people make reservations at the specialty restaurants then don't show up. We have had a pretty good run of just dropping by and seeing if anything is available, probably greater than 50% success.

Jack, pretty often people make reservations at the specialty restaurants then don't show up. We have had a pretty good run of just dropping by and seeing if anything is available, probably greater than 50% success.

Thank you RachelG, I thought perhaps I was alone on this second chance at Prime7 gig. Truth is Prime7 management does what it can to provide all guests with at least one visit to their fine cuisine. It is well worth the effort to go 2 times, maybe 3, because the dining experience is 5 star as best I can say. I can't say anything bad about the regular restaurant either, but Prime7 simply comes off as a tad better. Jack Morris

According to their clock; they're doing a 10 Caribbean R/T out of Miami. Lots of beachs and if the weather cooperates should be a wonderful Honeymooon trip.

Greg

They'll be lucky to see the beach given the celebration. Jack Morris

Jack Morris -

There is plenty of time for "this and that" - no way would I be staying in my cabin for the whole cruise - even on a honeymoon!

Many of us simply don't go on some excursions for less reason than missing a few 'this and that', grapejuce. I see in your public profile you are Australian. We lived in Queensland for a year. You from there by chance? We lived on the water's edge of the Coral Sea at Mooloolaba (sp) and made it a fantastic honeymoon even though we had been married for 40 years. Jack Morris

Yes Jack, I am a Queenslander and Mooloolaba is my second home. Isn't it a fantastic spot - but don't tell everyone. The only difference is that I look at the Pacific Ocean when I wake up and not the Coral Sea ( I am sure it is the same Mooloolaba though) - and by the way we were there on our honeymoon - LOL

Yes Jack, I am a Queenslander and Mooloolaba is my second home. Isn't it a fantastic spot - but don't tell everyone. The only difference is that I look at the Pacific Ocean when I wake up and not the Coral Sea ( I am sure it is the same Mooloolaba though) - and by the way we were there on our honeymoon - LOL

My maps show the Coral Sea at Mooloolaba and I can't for sure pin point where the Coral Sea stops and the Pacific Ocean begins. No matter, when we stepped off our private pier we were in beautiful water. We honeymooned there, as well, for a whole year, and then returned to reality on return to the states. If one must choose a spot for a honeymoon, let it be Mooloolaba. I had an office in Brisbane, another one of my all-time favorite locations. My office looked down on the business district toward the south. If I had to give up my citizenship here, (God forbid) I'd be a Queenslander Australian. Jack Morris

A quick story about honeymooners. I went with DW and family to Bermuda about 25 yrs ago. There was a honeymoon couple across the aisle from us on the flight down. We chatted with them and wished them well on both their honeymoon and future life together. On our return flight-to BOS-they showed up in the departure waiting room still Northeast white. Don't tell me N&S that your cabin isn't important:)

A quick story about honeymooners. I went with DW and family to Bermuda about 25 yrs ago. There was a honeymoon couple across the aisle from us on the flight down. We chatted with them and wished them well on both their honeymoon and future life together. On our return flight-to BOS-they showed up in the departure waiting room still Northeast white. Don't tell me N&S that your cabin isn't important:)

They must have run the legs off of room service. Had they been on some other ship, Disney, Holland, etc., their tipping of cabin staff would have been through the roof. I wonder if they spent anytime at all looking at the cabin's pictures or noted such things as night and day? They might have saved a lot of wedding cash by just staying locked inside a Motel 6 on the edge of Bakersfield - that's a wide spot north of Los Angeles. Then they could have responded to inquirers about their honeymoon with this: "We are the first known couple anywhere to have spent 2 weeks locked inside a Motel 6 with the oil derricks of Bakersfield as our backdrop." Jack Morris

We are also taking our honeymoon on Regent Navigator. Only 19 days away!! We thought about other places to go but we decided to go with a luxury cruiseline and make it more memorable. We hope to make it tradition and take regent on every 5 year anniversary :). Have fun !

As wonderful as all three Regent ships are, (I like Navigator the best) I still can't imagine honeymooning on one. Honeymooning for me, if I can remember that far back, was all about getting to know one another. It's simply not a very good time for going on 6 hour excursions, making new friends at dinner, or spending time with strangers at one of the several bars. Honeymooning is all about developing closeness, paying fullest attention to the new partner in life. And here you are on the good ship Navigator, give or take a $1,000 a night, and seeing little else then your partner, the butler, and the two art panels at each end of the bed. And those art panels leave an awful lot to be desired after the first night. All this desire for closeness can be had for $65 a night in Bakersfield, Ca., at one of the town's two Motel 6s.

Hey, have a wonderful honeymoon. Jack Morris

Archived