Oasis of the Seas – a Photographic Study (over 100 ship pictures)

Thanks for stopping by my thread! If you’re an Oasis fan like I am, I hope the title pulled you in and that my pictures will keep you coming back!

A little background – my parents took me on cruises as a kid. Loved them. Then, when my partner and I adopted two boys of our own about 10 years ago, I wanted them to have that same experience I did. Now that I’m at 40 and they’re older teenagers, they’re burned out on doing stuff with the dads… for now. However, a benefit of having older kids allows me some independence on cruises to have the time to document and photograph my… obsession.

I’ve been obsessed with the Oasis of the Seas since before she was built. In 2008 and 09, as Royal released, bit by bit, details of the ship and its new, innovative features, my eyes were glued to the pictures and videos. I’ve been fascinated by the WOW of Royal Caribbean design. After months of online study, we first had the opportunity to sail her in 2011 and then again in 2013 when these pictures were taken.

There are beautiful pictures of the ship out there on Royal’s site and many others in the awesome Cruise Critic reviews. The CC reviews are AWESOME and contain many useful, helpful details (and also give me my “fix” between cruises)! To help quell my withdrawal from Oasis between journeys, I wanted to capture some of my own pictures from my perspective (as lame and amateur as it may be).

Please note this isn’t a review. I consider it a photographic study. This study is by no means complete. You’ll note several areas/neighborhoods aren’t covered in as much detail as they deserve. As I am sailing the Oasis on her return trip to the States from Europe in October 2014, I hope to continue my study and cover most, if not all, the other areas.

It’s been several months since the cruise, but the pictures and memories remain fresh. I’d like to share with the Cruise Critic community my photographic interpretation of the world’s greatest cruise ship, the Oasis of the Seas.

DSC08173_zpsbb36c223.jpg

Join me?

Saturday morning in Ft. Lauderdale staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 – I just couldn’t sleep as I wanted to capture some shots as she sailed in. I purposely booked a south-facing room at the Hyatt so I could snap some arrival pics. I had even woken up around 11pm thinking it was 4am and that she was sailing in at any minute. Grrrr. I managed to fall asleep for 5 more hours and then….

She was showing up on satellite. I was tracking her on the port webcam site. I felt like a stalker!

DSC07546_zpsa979317e.jpg

A Carnival ship beat her to the berth

DSC07542_zps3f0ff1d0.jpg

And there she was lit up like a beautiful, neon, floating Christmas tree!

DSC07559_zps9a1698bf.jpg

DSC07568_zps7dfcbf18.jpg

DSC07577_zpsdc72b464.jpg

Looking up her skirt…

DSC07580_zps6b9c0519.jpg

I'm in, let's see the pictures!!

Caneguy! Thanks for dropping by. Your Oasis review has kept me out of withdrawal! Really appreciate the JS pics - we upgraded for our June Allure sailing. I've already picked out what's going in which drawers. Obsessed, I tell you.

Love me some Oasis! 24 days before we sail her for the 3rd time! Ready to see photos that get me excited to see her again!

3rd time for us'll be in October for the TA. I'm jealous you beat me to 3 sailings first!

I'm there.....We sail sister ship Allure in 33 days & counting! :D

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

17 days and I will be on my first cruise on the Allure! Can't get enough pictures

I'm sailing the Allure for the first time this summer. I hope to get some good pics of the "sistah," too.

Your just like my missus! Tease me with a treat, show me some beautiful pictures and then leave me waiting for more :)

I predict a massive following, thousands of post etc. don't leave us waiting too long!