Will we be okay on time??

dustpan

We will be landing at 11:05 am at FLL and cruise out of POM...Is this an early enough flight to make it to the port?? Ship sails at 5pm...And also, do you think we could easily find a shuttle to take us to our Fort Lauderdale hotel after the cruise as well?? Thanks in advance

Well, I'm not as optimistic as the others. Flight and baggage delays happen frequently, especially if you have a connecting flight. Also, even if you've completed your FunPass on line, you'll still need to check in at least 60 minutes in advance.

If you take a shuttle, then realize too, that unless you have a full load right away, they might drive around until they do or might just be dropping other riders off first, before dropping you off at the port.

Lots of variables to consider.

Let's say you are 1 1/2 hours late. That makes it 12:30. Give you another 1 hour to get luggage and transportation. No more that 1 hour drive to POM. That makes it around 2:30. So YES that should be plenty of time. That's still 2 1/2 hours b/4 you sail.

Here's my "tale of terror". Two years ago, our MSP 9:30 AM flight was delayed 2 1/2 hours. Long story short, we got on the ship at 3:45 PM, being some of the last to board. The way things stand now, I'm not sure if we would be allowed to board that late.

My advice, fly in the day before, bite the bullet, and spring for a hotel. The peace of mind is well worth the price.;)

Thanks for everyones replies...We are unable to fly in the day before, if we could we would...We are on a non-stop flight as well so no connecting flights, so thats good. How much would a cab be to POM? I know it will be pricey but maybe that way we could get them to stop at a drug store and pick up some last minute items on the way...Shuttles wont do that will they?

the only thing that would cause a delay would be the flight..

last yr. our Southwest Flight was cancel d and we had to take

the following flight 2 hrs later..i would still say you could make

it unless the traffic is just too horrendous..

i would consider towncar service in your case..reserve in advance, call

them when you arrive at the airport and again when you have your luggage..

in some cases they ll be waiting at the luggage pickup area..other s will

pick you up infront of the terminal..

Archived