Sun Balcony questions

Orygungirl

This is the first time I've upgraded to a balcony on a cruise. Do the balconies on the Sun automatically come with bathrobes, or do you have to request them?

Also, I understand they have a coffee maker. Do they provide the coffee and replenish it every day? I like a cup first thing, and can even choke down the hotel room stuff if I need to.:p

Thanks for any info.

hi orygungirl ,

you`ll love the sun and the balcony cabins are a good size too . yes you will get bathrobes in your room and yes you will get coffee for the coffee machine . if you drink a lot just ask your cabin steward and they`ll give you extra . enjoy your cruise xx

After I saw your post I was curious. We will be in a mini-suite on the Dawn one week from today. I have always had inside cabins with no coffee :( I need my coffee first thing just like you.

I watched some youtube videos of the Dawn and the Sun mini-suites. They do have robes in the closet. They also have a coffee maker which is a hotel style setup. I am assuming they replenish the coffee each day just like hotels do.

Anyways it was fun watching the video tour of what our mini-suite will look like. Have a great cruise :)

This is the first time I've upgraded to a balcony on a cruise. Do the balconies on the Sun automatically come with bathrobes, or do you have to request them?

Also, I understand they have a coffee maker. Do they provide the coffee and replenish it every day? I like a cup first thing, and can even choke down the hotel room stuff if I need to.:p

Thanks for any info.

Yes to both questions! Have a great time!

Really? A coffeemaker in balcony cabins on the Sun? Since DH and I only use milk (not any type of creamer) in our coffee, I don't suppose my luck could continue by having a fridge available (to keep milk in, which I am willing to purchase if need be)?

Really? A coffeemaker in balcony cabins on the Sun? Since DH and I only use milk (not any type of creamer) in our coffee, I don't suppose my luck could continue by having a fridge available (to keep milk in, which I am willing to purchase if need be)?

No need to worry, you'll have both creamer and milk, at least we always have and if not, pick some up in the buffet. PS, yes all cabins have fridges.

Also, do balcony room come with room service ? Like if we pre-order breakfast the night before, will they serve it in the morning ?

All cabins should have room service menus included, although there is an applicable fee in for the wee hours (12 - 5, I believe). Room service menus will/should be in the cabin. Very similar to most hotels.

Edited by All-ready2cruise

No need to worry, you'll have both creamer and milk, at least we always have and if not, pick some up in the buffet. PS, yes all cabins have fridges.

All cabins should have room service menus included, although there is an applicable fee in for the wee hours (12 - 5, I believe). Room service menus will/should be in the cabin. Very similar to most hotels.

I've flown inside cabin and ocean view cabin on Carnival cruises before. Even though they had room service it was really bad. The hold times were upto an hour sometimes and the food would arrive after another hour. Do balcony rooms have better services ?

Balconies are not suites. Room service is the same for non suite rooms.

That said, room service breakfast you order the night before and it is delivered at the time you request. And while we never ordered dinner, we did order pizza. They told us a certain amount of time (can't remember what it was, 30 or 45 minutes?) and it arrived on time, hot and delicious.

That said, the room service menu is limited. Breakfast was bread, pastries, yoghurt, fruit, juices and the like. But it came on time, with hot coffee and cold juice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm....guess we should bring some packets of instant hot chocolate, too! So happy to hear that I won't need to pack a robe. I feel spoiled already! 24 more days!

I think you will find instant hot chocolate near the coffee and tea dispensers in the buffet.

Hint for improved in room coffe: use two of the coffee packs per pot. Or do as some do and bring your favorite roast with you...along with 4cup filters

Edited by Clay Clayton