Bermuda Bracelet

Cruiser8576

Heading to Bermuda on the Explorer on Oct 18. It's our first time there. My wife has a collection of bracelets from the Caribbean, like the Caribbean hook and the St Croix hook. We are from Mass, so of course she has the Cape Cod Bracelet too...

We saw a Bermuda Bracelet online so we thought there was such a thing, however we go no response from the company and think they may be gone. anyone know of a 'Bermuda Bracelet' and where to get it? We only have 2 days there, one will be a beach day and the other will be a Hamilton day....:cool:

Heading to Bermuda on the Explorer on Oct 18. It's our first time there. My wife has a collection of bracelets from the Caribbean, like the Caribbean hook and the St Croix hook. We are from Mass, so of course she has the Cape Cod Bracelet too...

We saw a Bermuda Bracelet online so we thought there was such a thing, however we go no response from the company and think they may be gone. anyone know of a 'Bermuda Bracelet' and where to get it? We only have 2 days there, one will be a beach day and the other will be a Hamilton day....:cool:

What company did you try?

ER Aubrey on Front St. in Bermuda has a Facebook page and they show a Bermuda hook bracelet saying it is back in a post from April. You could try emailing the store and asking if they have it. I've bought jewelry a number of times from them and they are a long time reputable jeweler in Bermuda.

Eraubrey@ibl.bm

Edited by iheartbda

Thanks a lot, Yes it is the Aubrey one that we saw online. And that is who failed to respond, I'll try to search him out when we are there. I'm looking for the 'official' Bermuda bracelet if there is such a thing. The one that looks good is made by Aubrey Designs on Front street in Hamilton. Here's what I found on the web:

We honor the islands heritage, people and beauty with the creation of the Bermuda "Destination" bracelet. Wrought in precious metals is the unforgettable shape of this island of diversity which, in nature, is presided over by the ever present Bermuda Longtail bird. The bird and the Island together form a subtle "B", and the nine wraps of 14 karat gold represent the 9 parishes of the island. The Bermuda "Destination" bracelet is a symbolic treasure to enjoy, and will remind you always, of your times of sun, sand, sea and island style!

This fine Destination BraceletTM is available exclusively from:

Aubrey Designs, LLC

Mark Aubrey

101 Front Street

Hamilton, Bermuda HMAX

011-678-624-7702

Eraubrey@ibl.bm

It looks like this:

Bermuda.jpg

Bermuda.jpg.beada0543b10eca16289a197af0494be.jpg

Was just there and saw the Bermuda Hook Bracelet in a jewelry store in Hamilton. I know I went into Crissom's on our recent visit and that is the store I purchased my hook several years ago. I also know that my friend made a purchase of a the silver hook (same as your photo) in the little jewlery shop at the Dockyard mall. They no longer make the braclet in gold (my metal of choice:)) but I was hoping they branched out into some other Bermuda designs (maybe a longtail hook)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

And that's because we were rerouted to Canada due to Hurricane Gonzalo.

We could have gotten a hat with moose antlers in New Brunswick though....

I'm trying to talk the wife into trying the Bermuda trip again, this time on the Liberty, since we've never been. We just need to avoid Hurricane season. I've got nothing against Nova Scotia and St. Johns but frankly it's not much different than the MASS coast which I know so well. And in October it was cold in Canada.....

It is hard to avoid hurricane season when you want to got to Bermuda since the ships only go from about May until October. Hurricane season is from June until November. Make sure you try for Bermuda again. It is an absolutely beautiful island.

It is hard to avoid hurricane season when you want to got to Bermuda since the ships only go from about May until October. Hurricane season is from June until November. Make sure you try for Bermuda again. It is an absolutely beautiful island.

While the official Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30, the historical data http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/E17.html show that 80 percent of storms occur in August, September and October, so cruising in the early part of the Bermuda cruise/hurricane season greatly reduces the chance of encountering a storm that will force rerouting of a cruise.

We like to go out of Boston in May. The weather is always different. Usually we need warm clothes at sea, but people still use the pool, unless its very windy. By the next morning its been our lucky experience that the weather is beautiful. Long as we're cruising we're happy!

I spend at least a half hour a day with cruising on my mind. Probably more...

• 1 month later...
Was just there and saw the Bermuda Hook Bracelet in a jewelry store in Hamilton. I know I went into Crissom's on our recent visit and that is the store I purchased my hook several years ago. I also know that my friend made a purchase of a the silver hook (same as your photo) in the little jewlery shop at the Dockyard mall. They no longer make the braclet in gold (my metal of choice:)) but I was hoping they branched out into some other Bermuda designs (maybe a longtail hook)

I believe I too have seen this "Bermuda Hook" bracelet in Crissoms when we were there last in 10/2013. It seems like it would be a popular keepsake, I would bet they still sell them. Crissoms had a good amount of Bermuda themed jewelry in general.

Lorie