Hello, Upgrade!

Just want to share a happy story...my 8 year old son and I will be on the Liberty for the March 12 sailing. I booked us into an inside Promenade, but wasn't really excited about the inside. I've taken 4 prior cruises, and always had an outside or balcony, but I thought I would save some money for just the two of us.

As it gets closer, I've gotten more unsure about an inside, so I just called to see if upgrades were available for our cruise. The very helpful guy at Crown & Anchor was able to put us into a balcony guarantee AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. He said he's not sure how I did that, but I could have either an outside or a balcony for no charge.

Not quite the Upgrade Fairy, since I had to make the call, but pretty darn good!

I went on-line earlier today, and noticed that balcony prices had dropped, which is why I called to begin with. I was willing to pay more for a balcony, so once that price dropped, I thought I might get a good deal. Didn't think it would be this good, though :)

Just want to share a happy story...my 8 year old son and I will be on the Liberty for the March 12 sailing. I booked us into an inside Promenade, but wasn't really excited about the inside. I've taken 4 prior cruises, and always had an outside or balcony, but I thought I would save some money for just the two of us.

As it gets closer, I've gotten more unsure about an inside, so I just called to see if upgrades were available for our cruise. The very helpful guy at Crown & Anchor was able to put us into a balcony guarantee AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. He said he's not sure how I did that, but I could have either an outside or a balcony for no charge.

Not quite the Upgrade Fairy, since I had to make the call, but pretty darn good!

Okay, this is the second similar story that I've read in the past 2 minutes. What is going on!?!?! :p I'll be calling tomorrow right away to see if I can get in on this madness! :eek:

Samantha~ online, how do the prices compare from when you booked? Are the balconies anywhere near the price you booked your inside at?

We booked our cabin in Oct 2010 for May 2012. There are tons of cabins left to book, higher than ours, but the prices are way higher than what we booked at.

Wonder if I'd have any luck at calling C & A as you did. :o

I called C&A directly, as I'd booked on-line (only a couple weeks ago, actually). Prices definitely down from when I booked.

I'm pretty happy with a balcony. I never loved the idea of an inside, though i was happy to get what I felt was a good deal. Now it seems like an even better deal. :)

That's really cool! Congrats!!!! ;)

Archived