Potty Training tips

kmigrrrl

So my 3 yr old son will be right in the middle of potty training when we take our cruise on RC Explorer at the end of the month. I am looking for any advice and tips that will help this experience go as smoothly as possible. Has anyone ever brought one of those foldable potty seats that go on the toilet. Do they fit on the toilets on the ship?

We just potty trained 2 weeks ago! My son picked it up QUICK. He was fully trained by the 3rd day. I was doing it go prepare for our cruise next month so he could go in the pool :) Anyways, I've seen the foldable potty that you're talking about recommended often on here. Good luck to you!!

If you've cruised before, you may recall that the toliets flush very loudly and with great "gusto" -- It tends to freak some little ones out. Prep you son that the toliets will sound different and maybe send him out of the bathroom or stall before flushing.

Be prepared for some accidents with the newly trained -- he'll be excited and may "forget" -- ask often if anyone needs to use the potty and, like every parent of a pre-schooler, make certain you know where the nearest potty is at all times! :D

We brought the foldable potty seat called the Potette and it fit on the toilet perfectly. Our 3 year old son had been pretty much potty trained since September when we went on our cruise at the end of October. He did fine except once in the kids camp. They apparently don't remind little ones or bring them to potty as a routine the way they do in preschool so he had an accident. If your son needs reminders or if you take him to potty on a schedule just tell the counselors. They were fine with doing it once I told them he needed the reminder.

We took the potty seat toppers for our son in the past. The foldable ones are space savers and great for travel but they can pinch easily and aren't comfortable. If you can spare the space, take what is comfortable and what he uses at home.

You still have a few weeks to try this, but at our dd's daycare they learned how to potty train without any kind of seat adapter. She turned turned three on Saturday and has been trained for about 10 month, so she was really small when we started it. Of course she needs help to get up there, but once on the seat, she can hold herself up without any other seat. I bought both the foldable one for going out (and she tried it once and said "ouch") and the cushion one for at home (which she used maybe three times and didn't want it after that). So, if you can get him to do it without any other seat, it frees you up a lot.

I completely agree about the flushing. We haven't been on a cruise since potty training and I know that flush will freak her out. I think I'll let her leave the bathroom and then flush it.

Good luck!

We brought the foldable potty seat called the Potette and it fit on the toilet perfectly. Our 3 year old son had been pretty much potty trained since September when we went on our cruise at the end of October. He did fine except once in the kids camp. They apparently don't remind little ones or bring them to potty as a routine the way they do in preschool so he had an accident. If your son needs reminders or if you take him to potty on a schedule just tell the counselors. They were fine with doing it once I told them he needed the reminder.

I did not know that they would do this. Thank you! So they didn't kick him out of kids club for having an accident? For some reason this has been my worry since my son will only have been potty trained for 2 months and i fear he may have an accident.

They called us when he had the accident so we could change him, plus he was pretty upset! They actually didnt say anything about the accident or about his training. I had to tell them that he needed the reminders, they weren't even concerned at all! I would just tell them day 1 when you drop him off. Hope you have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They called us when he had the accident so we could change him, plus he was pretty upset! They actually didnt say anything about the accident or about his training. I had to tell them that he needed the reminders, they weren't even concerned at all! I would just tell them day 1 when you drop him off. Hope you have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you!

So my 3 yr old son will be right in the middle of potty training when we take our cruise on RC Explorer at the end of the month. I am looking for any advice and tips that will help this experience go as smoothly as possible. Has anyone ever brought one of those foldable potty seats that go on the toilet. Do they fit on the toilets on the ship?

There are a few kinds you can buy. The all plastic ones are hard and I think can pinch. I got the padded kind, they don't pinch. Was under $10 on Amazon. They work just fine on the toilets on the ship.

Edited by giselleacttwo