Cruising with toddlers

legendarysannin

[quote name='legendarysannin']First time cruising with our 3 year old potty trained since 2. Question is about "sitters at sea" anyone tried it on liberty of seas? how does it work?
Do most people just go to sleep early or bring a parent that babysits?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

You have two options - Adventure Ocean is open to 10pm for free, so you can drop your 3 y/o there. We did this a few nights so we could catch a show. The second option is in-room sitting. You go to Guest Services and request a sitter (preferably the day before), and they will contact you the next day if they can accommodate (sitters are crew members who volunteer to do this for extra money). The cost is $19 per hour, and they send two sitters. We did this one night. And, yes some people bring parents or baby sitters. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

[quote name='RSLeesburg']You have two options - Adventure Ocean is open to 10pm for free, so you can drop your 3 y/o there. We did this a few nights so we could catch a show. The second option is in-room sitting. You go to Guest Services and request a sitter (preferably the day before), and they will contact you the next day if they can accommodate (sitters are crew members who volunteer to do this for extra money). The cost is $19 per hour, and they send two sitters. We did this one night. And, yes some people bring parents or baby sitters. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote]
Awesome response thank you. I wish there was a like button like facebook lol.

[quote name='legendarysannin']Awesome response thank you. I wish there was a like button like facebook lol.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I should also say that after 10pm, Adventure Ocean is still open (till 1am I think), but it is the fee-based. I want to say its $8 per hour, but not sure - we never stayed out that late...lol

[quote name='legendarysannin']First time cruising with our 3 year old potty trained since 2. Question is about "sitters at sea" anyone tried it on liberty of seas? how does it work?
Do most people just go to sleep early or bring a parent that babysits?

Thank you[/quote]

Adventure Ocean is free to your child all day and night for free. There is a fee after 10PM ($6 per hour).

[quote name='rebeccalouiseagain']Adventure Ocean is free to your child all day and night for free. There is a fee after 10PM ($6 per hour).[/QUOTE]

Very true. Adventure Ocean is open during the day, but it closes between 12-2pm and 5-7pm on sea days. On port days, I think it's open 30 minutes before first excursion and cannot remember when it closes. It might vary based on port and ship.

[quote name='Prinycesa07']We just used the services until 9 or 10 and then went to bed. We were all exhausted by the end of the days. How lame are we LOL[/QUOTE]

We are also lame. We were in bed by 10pm most nights too...lol

If your kid is potty trained, then save yourself some money and use Adventure Ocean. It is open till 2 am, and it only costs $6/hr from 10 pm to 2 am (the rest of the day is free). Plus your kid will be way more entertained there than stuck in the stateroom with a sitter.

I wrote about my experience and tips sailing with my two toddlers on this post, in case you're interested
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1892101[/url] Edited by sherezada

[quote name='RSLeesburg']We are also lame. We were in bed by 10pm most nights too...lol

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/quote]

LOL! Lames unite! I swear i wanted to stay up later but by the time 10 rolled around we were just all so exhausted. We did stay up to go to the club one night while my mom watched the kids. It was for my 30th birthday so i figured i was obligated to stay up later. As soon as 12:01 hit we were back in our cabin :o

[quote name='sherezada']If your kid is potty trained, then save yourself some money and use Adventure Ocean. It is open till 2 am, and it only costs $6/hr from 10 pm to 2 am (the rest of the day is free). Plus your kid will be way more entertained there than stuck in the stateroom with a sitter.

I wrote about my experience and tips sailing with my two toddlers on this post, in case you're interested
[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1892101[/URL][/quote]

Lots of great info in your thread. Did i read it right you have a 3.5 year old that stayed up until midnight? My new question I guess is can they sleep in adventure ocean if they get tired? or do they call you to come get them?
how reliable is the pager/beeper (vibrates or makes alarm noise?)?

Really awesome responses everyone thank you. Me and my wife get tired easily as well since we had our child. But this cruise there will be a lot of family and friends that do not have kids thus more peer pressure to stay up lol. For some reason I am more excited because most of them have never cruised before.

Yes, that is correct: my 3.5 yr old would not sleep in Adventure Ocean, simply because he was having too much fun.

I didn't make it to the tour, so I don't know if they have a dedicated sleeping room, but I did see parents leaving the club with sleepy kids over their shoulders, so they must be able to sleep somewhere :-) I don't think they'll call you to pick them up just because they are sleepy/asleep, though.

I never got a call on the pager, so I can't really attest to how they work.

[quote name='sherezada']Yes, that is correct: my 3.5 yr old would not sleep in Adventure Ocean, simply because he was having too much fun.

I didn't make it to the tour, so I don't know if they have a dedicated sleeping room, but I did see parents leaving the club with sleepy kids over their shoulders, so they must be able to sleep somewhere :-) I don't think they'll call you to pick them up just because they are sleepy/asleep, though.

I never got a call on the pager, so I can't really attest to how they work.[/quote]
Makes sense on the pager
thanks again