ROLL CALLS - What Are They and How Do You Find Yours?

Host Anne

There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Sherrill ~ you're most welcome. There is so much information here on Cruise Critic that sometimes those of us who have been here for awhile forget how many new members we have. It can be overwhelming sometimes to figure it all out.

Roll Calls are one of our biggest benefits. We have met so many wonderful people from all over the world through our roll calls. I hope everyone takes advantage of them!

ENJOY!

Thanks Anne,

I am glad you explained the Roll Call in such great detail as I am sure that some of the new members were not aware how they worked.

They are fun and you do meet great people on there as well as wonderful information.

Sherrill:)

Ditto, Host Anne. Even "old" members are not as aware as they might be regarding how Roll Calls work. I just asked that question on a thread recently! Thanks a bunch!!:D Bill

Bill ~ you are more than welcome. Believe it or not, even tho I've been around here for a few years now, I'm still finding little things about the way the board and Cruise Critic work from time to time. Glad you found this helpful!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
But I can't get them to open. Is anyone else having this problem???

When you go to the roll calls you must be logged into the site,

otherwise it usually says "Private".

In other words, you have to be registered on to participate

on that forum.

Hope this helps a a bit:)

• 2 weeks later...

Someone please help. A few weeks ago I found a roll call for the Celebrity Galaxy that contained just the user name, date of sailing, and countdown to sailing. When you input your information it added your name according to the list with the nearest dates of sailing at the top of the list. Now I can't find this site again. Can anyone help me find it? Thanks! Carolyn

• 3 months later...

cruisingranny1 ~ here's a link to the roll call you are looking for: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=690383&page=2

Here's how you can always find it.

Click on QUICK LINKS in the yellowis bar right next to the LOG OUT button towards the top of this page.

Under Miscellaneous you'll see a button that says SUBSCRIBED THREADS. Click on that. It brings up all threads you have posted to (in date order of thread activity). It's an easy way to always locate threads you are participating in. You DO need to post in the thread to get them to show in your SUBSCRIBED THREADS.

Need more help? Post here or email me below.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

Have had considerable diff. with getting Roll Calls to open. Last night not at all, today with it giving me a major hassle.

Just to confirm.

Dean

Sparkle144

Sparkle ~ I am not aware of any problems with roll calls opening. Can you give me a ship and sail date and I'll post a link to it for you? I've been on the roll calls off and on all day and haven't had a problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am finding it very difficult to navigate this web site can't seem to get onto anything. And I'm not computer iliterate either, just not a good speller :D

I am finding it very difficult to navigate this web site can't seem to get onto anything. And I'm not computer iliterate either, just not a good speller :D

Kanuk,

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=872581 for my reply to your thread on the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum.

Sounds like you were registered as a member, but not logged in as a member. You must be a registered & logged in member to view or post on the Roll Call Forums.

082502btw_prv.gif, when typing your posts you can check your spelling by using the icon showing an ABC with a check mark underneath on the far upper right corner of the gray frame around the Message text box. The first time you click it you will then need to download ieSpell. It is a spell-checking tool for Internet Explorer.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo due to my fat paws & skinny 'puter keys!

Is there a roll call for the Galaxy new years cruise 2009, Dec 29 2008 to Jan. 9. 2009.

Andre

Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=867910 for your Roll Call thread titled Galaxy Dec 29, 2008 New Years Cruise.

Kat 070106YA43_prv.gif

• 9 months later...
There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Hi Anne.

I have searched and searched for information regarding starting a new post. So far all I've ever done was click on "Quote" to reply to a post. Sometimes I have something to say that isn't a reply and I just don't know how to do it. Can you please help? Thanks so much.

If you go to the Celebrity Roll Call Forums, and find your ship, click on the ship name and if you don't see your sailing date, up at the top, over to the left, you will see a button that says NEW THREAD. Click on that and you will be starting a whole new topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Joan and Al ~ A thread is comprised of a "string of posts." I couldn't quite tell if you were having a problem starting a new thread (which BlueCat described) or placing a post within a thread.

To place a post within a current thread, you must hit the "REPLY" button. Even though you may just have a comment to make, it is still considered a "REPLY." By hitting the "QUOTE" button, it actually places the copy from the post where you hit the QUOTE button into your post. If you simply want to post information, hit the REPLY button found at the top or bottom of each page of a thread.

If you still need assistance, drop me an email and I'll be happy to assist futher: hostanne@cruisecritic.com

• 1 month later...

Umbria ~ you are most welcome. Anytime you have a question, you can also drop me an email. Sometimes there is an overwhelming amount of info here for a newbie....actually, there's a lot of info here for those who have been around a long time, too! :) ENJOY!

Ciao!

• 1 month later...

Hi Anne

I think I have hooked up with theConstellation sailing on Jan. 31, 2010 but am not sure

Also, I am looking for how to hook up with shore excursions folks may be organizing for this cruise.

Roman99 ~ you indeed did post correctly in the roll call for the Constellation sailing you are on. You will need to visit that thread frequently to chat with others on your sailing and to see if there are excursions planned that you can join.

To find your roll call quickly now that you've posted in it, click on the QUICK LINKS located in the pink bar at the top of this page (it's between the SEARCH and LOG OUT buttoms). Then scroll down and click on SUBSCRIBED THREADS. These are threads that you have posted to. Then click on your roll call thread and it will take you directly there. If you click the last page, you'll get to the most recent posts in the thread.

Let me know if you need additional assistance and have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Host Anne I am sailing on Celebrity Millenium Alaska Southbound from Seward on May 21, 2010, how can I find any other postings for this sailing? Mtzmema

Edited by mtzmema
spelling and lack of information