Snorkeling or Mandoo?

perlgirlnj

I know everyone loves Mandoo but I'm still hesitating, and trying to decided between the half-day spice tour and a 2 stop snorkel trip with Aquanauts.

My concern is that the day before we're in Grenada, we're doing a very long private island tour in Dominica. My family doesn't love going several full days in a row and I'm wondering if it will be too repetitive. (Both beautiful jungle islands. . .) Also, we're not crazy about big crowds and this is Christmas week so I expect he'll have a busload or two.

We're not rabid snorkelers but we've enjoyed it in the past. We will be snorkeling the next day in Bonaire.

So: half-day Mandoo tour or half-day snorkel trip with Aquanauts (or anyone else you'd recommend, but not on our own)?

• 1 month later...

Ok, just back from Grenada, Mandoo tour is done well, but Grenada is a very ravaged island from the hurricanes. Lots of destruction and it seems very poverty stricken.

If you are concerned about touring 2 islands, Dominica is the one to go with. It is a very beautiful island in every way....no comparison to Grenada. I would never return to Grenada but would consider Dominica. Dominica has hurricane damage also, but not in the way Grenada is torn apart.

Ok, just back from Grenada, Mandoo tour is done well, but Grenada is a very ravaged island from the hurricanes. Lots of destruction and it seems very poverty stricken.

If you are concerned about touring 2 islands, Dominica is the one to go with. It is a very beautiful island in every way....no comparison to Grenada. I would never return to Grenada but would consider Dominica. Dominica has hurricane damage also, but not in the way Grenada is torn apart.

Thank you so much for your reply; it's just what I needed to hear. We'll stick with our full-day island tour in Dominica.

What do you think about taxi to Magazine Beach as our Grenada day?

If you look more on the Grenada boards you will see that Magazine Beach is recommended over Grand Anse due to the persistent vendors at GA. I've never been to either so can't tell from personal experience. But that's why we dig around on here!

And do ensure you snorkel on Bonaire....they had largest fish we saw out of 3 or 4 islands. Every where else the fish seemed so tiny in comparison. You will love it.

Archived