J&J tours

ecarney

We're sailing in November and have never visited Grenada. We're be stopping on a Sunday and we're looking for an island tour that will hit the highlights and be family friendly (our children are 5 & 3). J&J looks promising but he doesn't mention pricing on his website and I didn't notice anything here either. Anyone with experience want to share a recommendation and maybe the cost?

We're sailing in November and have never visited Grenada. We're be stopping on a Sunday and we're looking for an island tour that will hit the highlights and be family friendly (our children are 5 & 3). J&J looks promising but he doesn't mention pricing on his website and I didn't notice anything here either. Anyone with experience want to share a recommendation and maybe the cost?

ecarney - I assume you mean JnJ Tours owned and operated by Stan Grainger. We have booked a group island tour with him in February 2013. Stan will recommend a tour itinerary but you may customize the day including lunch, swim/not swim, etc. Stan is very prompt with email response - and great to work with. You will need to contact him for pricing since what you choose to see & do will determine the cost. However - very reasonable. SeaFish

ecarney - I assume you mean JnJ Tours owned and operated by Stan Grainger. We have booked a group island tour with him in February 2013. Stan will recommend a tour itinerary but you may customize the day including lunch, swim/not swim, etc. Stan is very prompt with email response - and great to work with. You will need to contact him for pricing since what you choose to see & do will determine the cost. However - very reasonable. SeaFish

That is the company I meant - appreciate the clarification! Thanks for the info, I think we'll contact him.

Stan is great!! We did a tour with him in Feb 2012, we completely customized it because we did not want "beach" time. He was in the US Army, he will be very easy to understand for the children, and everything about his tour was excellent. There were 4 of us & we are returning next Feb (2013) and have already booked him for that day. He is very reasonable and flexible. I really suggest you contact him soon. When we were then in Feb 2012, he was already filling in dates for 2013.

• 2 months later...

I have no personal eperience but I am planning on this tour in March.

I have received this answer to my request Bythe way it is JNJ Tours.

The tour is consist of the Annandale Waterfall, Spice Shop, Grand

Etang Rain forest/National Park/Volcano Lake, Ft.Frederick and Grand

Anse beach.

I will wait for you at the beach and return you to the ship when you are ready.

The length of the tour is 2 1/2-3hrs plus beach time

The cost of the tour is $50 per person and this includes all admission fees.

You can pay in the form of cash at the end of the tour.

You can contact me at 954-543-8341 or 473-415-5721

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon

Kind Regards

Stan

We have toured with Stan of J&J and really enjoyed it. We have booked a tour of the east side of the island with him for our next cruise. It is no problem taking the smaller children, the tour is easy paced and personal.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

If you are looking for a personal tour of Grenada, I would, without a doubt, recommend Stan Grainger of JnJ Tours.

Since I booked our tour quite a few months before our Christmas 2012 cruise, I sent another email a couple of weeks before arriving, just to confirm our booking. Stan was super prompt with getting back to me and letting me know that he would be our driver and he would be waiting for us when we debarked.

Our tour exceeded our expectations! On many occasions, Stan stopped at the side of the road to get a sample of different shoots (cinnamon), nutmeg fruit and cocoa beans. What a terrific way to learn all about the different spices, not just from a factory or stand, but to sample it in its environment. Stan cut open a cocoa bean so we could see and taste the cacao pods! And do you know what happens when you snap a cinnamon shoot? A wonderful fragrant aroma! I will fondly remember these experiences for a very long time.

We also enjoyed chatting with Stan during our tour. He was very knowledgable of his island and it is always a bonus when you can tell that your tour guide loves his job. Stan loves his island and it shows. From the minute we met Stan at the port, all the way to the end of the tour, Stan was able to entertain us. On some tours I have done in the past, the tour starts out strong but then fades and you are counting the time until you get back to the ship....NOT with Stan Grainger and his JnJ tours. Stan kept us engaged from start to end!

Thank you Stan for providing my husband, daughter and myself with a lifetime of great memories (mona monkey’s grabbing a banana out of my husbands hands). The next time we are in Grenada, we will book Stan in a heartbeat!

Laurence's from Edmonton, Alberta (sorry about the hat exchange!)

Edited by eskie

If you are looking for a personal tour of Grenada, I would, without a doubt, recommend Stan Grainger of JnJ Tours.

Since I booked our tour quite a few months before our Christmas 2012 cruise, I sent another email a couple of weeks before arriving, just to confirm our booking. Stan was super prompt with getting back to me and letting me know that he would be our driver and he would be waiting for us when we debarked.

Our tour exceeded our expectations! On many occasions, Stan stopped at the side of the road to get a sample of different shoots (cinnamon), nutmeg fruit and cocoa beans. What a terrific way to learn all about the different spices, not just from a factory or stand, but to sample it in its environment. Stan cut open a cocoa bean so we could see and taste the cacao pods! And do you know what happens when you snap a cinnamon shoot? A wonderful fragrant aroma! I will fondly remember these experiences for a very long time.

We also enjoyed chatting with Stan during our tour. He was very knowledgable of his island and it is always a bonus when you can tell that your tour guide loves his job. Stan loves his island and it shows. From the minute we met Stan at the port, all the way to the end of the tour, Stan was able to entertain us. On some tours I have done in the past, the tour starts out strong but then fades and you are counting the time until you get back to the ship....NOT with Stan Grainger and his JnJ tours. Stan kept us engaged from start to end!

Thank you Stan for providing my husband, daughter and myself with a lifetime of great memories (mona monkey’s grabbing a banana out of my husbands hands). The next time we are in Grenada, we will book Stan in a heartbeat!

Laurence's from Edmonton, Alberta (sorry about the hat exchange!)

Thank's for the review. We are booked with Stan in March.

My wife and I just returned from a 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise on the Emerald Princess. On Grenada we took a tour of the island with Stan Grainger of JnJ Tours.

I would like to second the positive reviews of Stan on this thread. He provided a great tour for us. We were able to decide where to go and how much time to spend at each stop. He is a friendly, knowledgeable man who knows his island well. He is also knowledgeable about the U.S. because he served in the army here.

You won't go wrong if you book a tour with Stan.:)

I agree with the sentiments above. Stan gave us a wonderful tour Jan 20 while on the Vision of the Seas. Our Port time was only 7am to 2pm but we saw quite a lot.

Stan gave interesting commentary during the ride. Like was said above we stopped quite a bit to see the Flora. We also stopped at Nutmeg World

http://travelgrenada.com/gcna.htm

which I though was very interesting "factory" tour. Very interesting to see the nutmeg drying and other information. We also went to the Grang Etang Reserve/ Crater Lake, Annandale Falls, Fort Frederick, and the drive through the lush hills.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We took an island tour with JNJ In February. Had a great time. Stan makes you feel very comfortable as he drives around the island. Lots of stops as he points out different plants that grow on the island. Well worth the time and price .

JM

We used them in Feb 2013. Excellent. Just Four of us. Took us all over ($50pp) including a nutmeg factory. Had some cold ones and high proof rum for us to savor on the last half of the tour.

Definitely would use Stan again.

Our 2/15 Emerald Princess tour group of 10 - booked early with JnJ Tours owner/operator Stan Grainger based on excellent reviews, our contact with Stan & reasonable tour pricing for our short port stay.

Stan was excellent with email/phone communications providing answers & information to our many questions. We had a great tour-day on Grenada with Stan showing & telling us all about his beautiful island. I would highly recommend JnJ tours to all - a very good day. SeaFish

Would you recommend this tour for someone who enjoys photography?

Just want to know if there are enough "stops" where I can actually take pictures rather than just driving through everything.

Thanks!

Absolutely - we took tons of great photos. Stan has planned scenic/info stops as well as stopping anytime we wanted a photo. While Stan will show 'n tell you about his beautiful island .. making the most of your time ... it is your tour - just ask and Stan will accommodate. Hope this helps. SeaFish

• 2 weeks later...
Great, thanks! I'm booked with him in April.

Suggestion IMO - Stan is one of the few tour operators that does not use a in-van PA system that tends to make it difficult to hear his comments especially for those in the back of the van. Just ask him to speak-up so all can hear. He does provide great island info - but - in the van it was at times hard for all to hear. Otherwise - you will really enjoy the day on Grenada. SeaFish

Would you recommend this tour for someone who enjoys photography?

Just want to know if there are enough "stops" where I can actually take pictures rather than just driving through everything.

Thanks!

I just had a group of 20+ people in two vans tour with Stan. He is very accommodating including giving advise of where the most reasonable spot is to buy island spices. He was very easy to communicate with often following up to check on details. The beach stop I arranged last was on Magazine Beach at the well recommended Aquarium restaurant. Folks had the option to eat/drink or relax on the beach. Some elected to return to the ship and were easily accommodated into one of his vans. Many photo op's were allowed. Folks who commented all said it was a great 6 hr. tour and just long enough.

Have a great time with J n J. Tell Stan, Nanatravel said hello.