Welcome Bags

shastagwen

I'm planning a birthday celebration in January on Royal Caribbean and I want to make each friend a welcome bag. I would prefer these bags to show up in each room with their luggage so it's a surprise rather than just handing them out. Any idea if that's possible? Thanks for your help!

I'm planning a birthday celebration in January on Royal Caribbean and I want to make each friend a welcome bag. I would prefer these bags to show up in each room with their luggage so it's a surprise rather than just handing them out. Any idea if that's possible? Thanks for your help!

Nice idea, but not practical; just hand them out.

Oh wait; you could have your butler distribute the welcome bags since

they have nothing to do on embarkation day.:rolleyes:

And contact the RC clairaudience desk to have everyone receive a surprise message.

(I hope you have a sense of humor.)

Edited by $hip$hape

Welcome to Cruise Critic Shastagwen. I haven't ever done any like this but, I would suggest contacting the Crown & Anchor Society at Royal Caribbean there are always tremendously helpful and if they don't know the answer they will put you in touch with the correct person.

You can reach the Crown and Anchor here: 800 526-9723.

The cruise lines offer many Bon Voyage gifts. I'm sure they would prefer selling you on board gifts for your friends than delivering your gifts, but, it's worth a shot.

It might just be easier to present your friends with these gift bags when you meet on board.

Jonathan

You could take them to their cabins and hook them over the door handle.

I like that idea but sadly it would be a wonder if some did not disappear into possession of someone other than to whom it was intended.

I have not sailed RCI in years but if like HAL, they leave most cabin doors open until new guest arrives, you could distribute them yourself. If you know everyone's cabin number, put it on their counter. Get to the ship amongst the earliest so you will beat others arriving later.

Whenever we stay at a hotel for a wedding, there is always a welcome gift bag in our room when we arrive. In that instance, I am sure the hotel takes care of distributing them.

I would Not recommend giving them to stevedores to be delivered with luggage. There is little chance they would all arrive let alone in what condition.

Edited by sail7seas

I like that idea but sadly it would be a wonder if some did not disappear into possession of someone other than to whom it was intended.

I have not sailed RCI in years but if like HAL, they leave most cabin doors open until new guest arrives, you could distribute them yourself. If you know everyone's cabin number, put it on their counter. Get to the ship amongst the earliest so you will beat others arriving later.

Whenever we stay at a hotel for a wedding, there is always a welcome gift bag in our room when we arrive. In that instance, I am sure the hotel takes care of distributing them.

I would Not recommend giving them to stevedores to be delivered with luggage. There is little chance they would all arrive let alone in what condition.

My mind is full of visions of longshoremen munching on goodies while wearing gift bags on their heads. :eek:

OP, sorry, but not practical. Turn-around day is stressful enough for the entire crew, without having to worry about delivering packages not purchased from the line.

You could take them to their cabins and hook them over the door handle.

bad idea.

one you don't get access to cabins until 1, two, if someone straggles it will surely be 'liberated' by someone else long before the intended recipient can get there.

oh and Royal does not have butlers. ( in response to an earlier post)

Have no idea what you want to put into these bags, but... as others have stated - do not give them to a stevedore, or hang them on doors etc they would most likely be 'lost'. Your butler or room steward is much too busy to go deck to deck to deliver them.

Why not plan a sail-away deck party at some location on the ship and just hand them out? Everyone is going to know it came from you anyway.

bad idea.

one you don't get access to cabins until 1, two, if someone straggles it will surely be 'liberated'

by someone else long before the intended recipient can get there.

oh and Royal does not have butlers. ( in response to an earlier post)

Sorry; I was only joking about the butler.:o

Welcome to Cruise Critic! :)

Just handing them out could sort of be an unexpected surprise. At least you would know they actually got them. ;)

LuLu

Thank you all for your thoughts, opinions and advice! I think I'll hand them out on the party bus on the way to the port and on the boat for whomever else can't make the bus. Appreciate it!

Sounds like an EXCELLENT plan! :D

Thank you all for your thoughts, opinions and advice! I think I'll hand them out on the party bus on the way to the port and on the boat for whomever else can't make the bus. Appreciate it!

Hope you all have a wonderful time. :)

Mind sharing with us a few ideas of what you'll include in the gift bags?

Of course, if you don't care to, no problem. :)

Sail7seas- so far I have a canvas bag with an anchor in it filled with: personalized tumbler, beach ball, captains hat, travel size sunblock, hand sanitizer, Advil, aloe and a thank you note for celebrating my bday on the crisis with me.

We're traveling with 2 couples who have never cruised before, so I made up treat bags for them and gave them out last weekend at a "cruise planning brunch". I bought all the items at the dollar store, including the brightly coloured mesh pouch (about 8 1/2" x 12") - here's what I included:

sticky notes

set of 3 travel size bottles

shower caps (to protect shoes from soiling clothes)

notebook & pen

bandaids

hand sanitizer

retractable badge holder

clothes pins (to prevent "friendly" shower curtains)

flashlight

thank you notes

wet wipes

tissue

cooling towel

aloe gel

sunscreen stick

chewing gum

sewing kit

I think I had as much fun putting them together as they did opening them! Just a hint for the OP, if you give the treat bags ahead of time (before you leave home), you don't have to worry about packing all of them.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Edited by ger_77