Airport to port?

ktbmhb

so I've never done this before but I know need to know how you get from the Miami International Airport to the port for my upcoming cruise in May. I've been really lucky in the past and have had family members pick me up and take me but this time no one is around.

What's the best way to get from the airport to the terminal? Taxi? Limo?

I need to say that I am traveling alone so I really don't want to take the bus, if there is one. I need reliable service. I only need this one way!

Thanks so much....

I would use a taxi. No waiting for the cruise shuttle to fill.

Thanks for the quick reply..

I didn't know the cruise line had a shuttle...think I would with a few cruises under my belt, but like I said family was always there.

Approx how much can I expect to pay? Would it be with to book a car service?

Who would I turn to?

Check out the Florida departures board too...lot's of good info there on taxi rates, shuttles & car service...is your cruise also out of Miami? That will make a difference in our answer's as well...some people fly into Miami, but are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale...

Link for Fl. departure board...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=495

Edited by kc320

Y'all are making this too complicated.

Walk out the door, get a taxi. $20 I think for 15 minutes.

Done. Easy. No planning. Nothing to go wrong. Easy stuff.

Unless we are wrong in "assuming" they are sailing from Miami...a cab to Ft. Lauderdale is quite a bit more than $20 & a 15 min. ride...the devil is in the details...;)

Unless we are wrong in "assuming" they are sailing from Miami...a cab to Ft. Lauderdale is quite a bit more than $20 & a 15 min. ride...the devil is in the details...;)

We are sailing out of Miami.

But, I'm type A personality and like to have my ducks in a row! hahah

I do like to have a few options since like I've stated I've never had to think about this. Also, I can't remember the last time I flew in the day of the cruise. I usually get there a day before in case of unforeseen things.

if sailing from Miami and flying in to Miami

taxi is your best choice

taxi is $24 per VEHICLE, flat rate - plus tip. Assuming two in the cab, this is less $ than the shuttles and much less than the cruise transfers

There's a ton of taxi's.

Assuming you are returning the same way ... the same flat rate applies to a taxi when you get back.

note, this may not be the same for every airport/port but IS the way in Miami.

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

Taxi-Rates-1.jpg

I'll be flying into FLL a couple of days prior to my sail date in Miami. We plan to get a rental car upon arrival and drop it of at the airport the morning of the cruise. We also like to arrive at the port early usually around 10:30. That being said what time does the airport shuttle usually leave for the port? Is it free to anyone? What is the easiest way to get back to the airport after the cruise? What is the cheapest way to get back to the airport after the cruise? We will not be in a hurry after the cruise and will be renting a car for that night.

Thanks

I'll be flying into FLL a couple of days prior to my sail date in Miami. We plan to get a rental car upon arrival and drop it of at the airport the morning of the cruise. We also like to arrive at the port early usually around 10:30. That being said what time does the airport shuttle usually leave for the port? Is it free to anyone? What is the easiest way to get back to the airport after the cruise? What is the cheapest way to get back to the airport after the cruise? We will not be in a hurry after the cruise and will be renting a car for that night.

Thanks

From the MIA airport only Alamo, National & Thrifty (as far as I know) offer free shuttles to POM; not sure there is a set schedule as they are cycling passengers from POM to MIA and then making the run back to POM.

If you are renting from someone else at MIA a cab from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare of $24+tip - there was a fuel surcharge in place for a while adding $1 to the fare; the fare rules should be posted inside the cab.

Avis and Budget are located in downtown Miami close to POM - a cab to/from their location to POM should be about $10-12+tip.

From the MIA airport only Alamo, National & Thrifty (as far as I know) offer free shuttles to POM; not sure there is a set schedule as they are cycling passengers from POM to MIA and then making the run back to POM.

If you are renting from someone else at MIA a cab from POM to MIA is a flat rate fare of $24+tip - there was a fuel surcharge in place for a while adding $1 to the fare; the fare rules should be posted inside the cab.

Avis and Budget are located in downtown Miami close to POM - a cab to/from their location to POM should be about $10-12+tip.

OK. So here is what i have. I am flying into FLL and renting a car from Alamo on Friday afternoon. I will be dropping the car off at MIA airport at 9 am on Sunday morning to catch the free shuttle to the port. With that being said do you think i will be at the port by 11 am that way?

After the cruise is over i have a car reserved at MIA airport through Avis at 10:30 am. Will i have access to a free shuttle back to MIA through either Avis or Alamo (from the initial car rental)? If not what are my options?

OK. So here is what i have. I am flying into FLL and renting a car from Alamo on Friday afternoon. I will be dropping the car off at MIA airport at 9 am on Sunday morning to catch the free shuttle to the port. With that being said do you think i will be at the port by 11 am that way? Yes. the ride from MIA to POM only takes about 15+ minutes.

After the cruise is over i have a car reserved at MIA airport through Avis at 10:30 am. Will i have access to a free shuttle back to MIA through either Avis or Alamo (from the initial car rental)? If not what are my options?

Alamo = yes for the shuttle

Avis (MIA) = no for the shuttle. You can either cab to MIA from POM for about $24+tip or switch your Avis reservation to the downtown Miami location where the cab fare from POM will only run about $10-12+tip