Butler and Concierge?

keep on cruisin

I just switched from a mini suite to a forward penthouse on Breakaway.:D Hopefully I can keep DW and DS from finding out, until we get to the pier.

This will be the first time in a suite with butler and concierge. Can I add tip to my sign and sale card slated for them, or do I have to tip them in cash at the end.

Thanks in advance.

Any other first time suite suggestions appreciated also.

You can go to the guest services desk and ask for tip vouchers that are then charged from your onboard account. You only need to know the name of crew member the voucher will be written to and the voucher amount.

You can go to the guest services desk and ask for tip vouchers that are then charged from your onboard account. You only need to know the name of crew member the voucher will be written to and the voucher amount.

Thanks. I didn't think it would be a problem. My PCC wasn't positive but also thought it could be done.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

To add to this just a bit, the desk will give you a copy of the tip voucher, which you then can present to the recipient (as you would cash).

This is good to know, last cruise I just gave them cash. You will love being in a suite. Our first suite was this past April and we have another on the Epic in May 2015. I have become addicted to the suites. So much so I booked a cruise in 2016 with a regular balcony and last week I upgraded to a forward PH because my DH loved the breakfast perk and I enjoyed all of them. Good luck in keeping the surprise, my DH still thinks we will be in regular cabins. I am going to try and fool him by telling him we get to check in with the suites as part of being Platinum, not sure if he will believe me but it is worth a try. :D

Can OBC from NCL be used to pay these tips? I know they won't pay for the daily service charge but I was wondering if this was different.

Thanks!

Yes, both refundable and non-refundable OBC can be used for actual tips (not DSC as you know). I've used it many times on several ships. :)

You are better giving a tip direct to the service provider at the start of your cruise, this will ensure an excellent service. For the whole of your stay

Dear "new" member,

You are talking about a bribe, not a tip.

You are better giving a tip direct to the service provider at the start of your cruise, this will ensure an excellent service. For the whole of your stay

Tried this theory out a couple of times. Did NOT work, at all!

We stick to tipping on the last day now & have had much better service with this method!

Glad it worked for you, though.

This seems like a bribe and some crew members may get quite insulted by it.

The NCL crew members I've met are very helpful and pleasant and require NO bribes, just a nice greeting and pleasant attitude does the trick for us every time.

Happy cruising.

Add me to the chorus who feel that this is an insulting behavior for getting good service. Discussions with some of the NCL butlers during our cruises about tipping leads me to believe that they would be bothered by this. They feel that the level of service they provide is unaffected by the tip.

Edited by Cruisin&Relaxin

After leaving many tips via vouchers I warn you that this is one of the weak areas of NCL guest services training. Not all the guest service desk people are familiar with this and may tell you that this is not possible. Ignore them and ask to speak to their supervisor about leaving a voucher. Supervisors know how to do this. The average front desk person may not.