Bernard's Tour in St Maarten...is it a good tour

2thesea

Excellent Tour ! Took it in April and it was one of our favorite. Loved going to the side of ocean to see sea stars, urshin etc... that we held in our hands (if you want) !

Marigot market, Orient beach, Maho Beach for airplanes etc....

Wonderful tour and he gave us a great DVD of the Island too ! Highly recommended !

Check the St-Marteen port of call on this board for more info also.

We just confirmed our "private" tour with Bernard....we are SO excited!! We have been to St Maarten several times but always woundered around on our own.....we thought it was about time to "really" see the island! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi There.:)

Can anyone tell me if Bernard Tours are open to everyone or just group bookings.

We are a party of 2 and can not find a decent tour of the Island and would like prefur Bernards.

Yes, open to everyone. They will just put you in a group, when you are going, of others that have booked 1, 2, 3 and so on people until the van is full. No worries. :D

Yes, open to everyone. They will just put you in a group, when you are going, of others that have booked 1, 2, 3 and so on people until the van is full. No worries. :D

Thank you soooo much for the information.:)

We are there on the P&0 Venture the beginning of november and will def do his tour.

Thank you soooo much for the information.:)

We are there on the P&0 Venture the beginning of november and will def do his tour.

Just know that you have to book prior. He is not allowed to take walk ups anymore. So, you can just go to his site and email him the date, time, ship, and so on that you'll be arriving and he can confirm your reservation for 2 with him.

Used Bernards last Tuesday and he is GREAT....A great guy with a wonderful personality...A lot of fun too...We road in an A/C van with plenty of water, soda, beer and rum punch to go around for the entire tour...Gave us so much information and time to do and see things...Got to know us and told us a little about himself too...Had many laughs that day!!!Made all other tours we took not able to measure up to his... Two thumbs up for Bernard....

Thanks for this post. I did not know what I was going to do in St. Maarten other than taking a taxi to Maho Beach, cause I did not see anything with the cruise line that interest me. I take it that he has no problem with ensuring you are back to the ship in time..Correct??????

Yes, you will be back in plenty of time. At the end of the tour, you have the option of going back to the pick up area (at the pier) or staying in Phillipsburg to shop. You can then walk back 10-15 minutes or take a taxi back to the pier. The taxi driver charged us $3 a piece.

Archived