Beach Massages?

CruisinFamily_3

Is there any place to get a beachside massage in Grand Turk? I have always wanted one! Thanks in advance!

Hi Turn right when you enter the Cruise Centre and back onto the beach. $20 for 15 minutes of absolute bliss.

I would also recommend the Stingray and Snorkel trip to Gibbs Cay (pronounced Key). Stingrays were everywhere, swimming between your legs and brushing past you - well worth the cost.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Turn right when you enter the Cruise Centre and back onto the beach. $20 for 15 minutes of absolute bliss.

I would also recommend the Stingray and Snorkel trip to Gibbs Cay (pronounced Key). Stingrays were everywhere, swimming between your legs and brushing past you - well worth the cost.

Enjoy

Thanks! I have been looking at Gibbs Cay- it looks amazing! I'm not sure we will do it this time, but it will be on my list for next time!

http://www.spaanani.com/grand_turk.html

Is it better to make an appt or just go?

I'm going to try to just go w/out an appt because I don't know exactly what time we will want the massage. I will let you know how it works out for me!

I had my massage yesterday 4/1/2011 with Jo she was awesome! I just walked right up, but I had to come back twice b/c this guy kept paying for more time. I enjoyed my massage very much.

Oh awesome! How long was the massage?

Would you say its a better deal/experience than on the ship?

And welcome back! :)

We always book a 1 1/2 massage in advance as we have it side by side

Cost is every 15 minutes……..$20

Ship is usually 2 dollars a minute or more

We are going there is 2 weeks and have booked it already

Lady name that does the booking is Claire

They do not charge your card right away

• 10 months later...

FYI -- the spa name has changed from Anani to Turkoise -- http://www.spaturkoise.com/index.html

(Found this out when I went searching for Spa Anani, and even tried to email them but got my message bounced back.)

Just contacted them for info on a couples massage, and got an email back within just a few hours -- very responsive! Looking forward to a massage there in April.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nudity is illegal there so you cannot strip down on the beach. Spa Turkoise has no screens so yes there is no sense of privacy. Further down the beach towards Jack Shack the other massage spot has screens for that added privacy.... you have to decide which setting best suits you.

• 1 year later...

Several years ago I took a Carnival 4 night cruise which was supposed to go to Key West and Cozumel but due to Hurricane Fran, Carnival changed the itinerary. Which was no big deal for me and we visited Grand Turk. I remember a beach side massage hut and a masseuse named Claire. Claire was tall, athletic with a short to medium length blonde bob. I didn't have enough time for a massage. She was working on other clients. Does anyone know if she's still on the island and practicing massage? I believe the hut was hers and she was in business for herself.

Several years ago I took a Carnival 4 night cruise which was supposed to go to Key West and Cozumel but due to Hurricane Fran, Carnival changed the itinerary. Which was no big deal for me and we visited Grand Turk. I remember a beach side massage hut and a masseuse named Claire. Claire was tall, athletic with a short to medium length blonde bob. I didn't have enough time for a massage. She was working on other clients. Does anyone know if she's still on the island and practicing massage? I believe the hut was hers and she was in business for herself.[/quote

I learnt that Claire is no longer in business and Latoya gave me a massage when I was there...but I pre-booked this last July when I went down because Latoya has gotten very busy and she works out of White Sands Beach Resort next door... I can't recommend this young lady enough. Claire had introduced me to her and now whenever I'm in Grand Turk I head over to her massage hut at White Sands.

Latoya has a facebook page... http://www.facebook.com/GrandTurkSpa you can look at her pics.

I too would recommend Latoya. I used her in May 2012 while hubby and i were there and I slept like a baby that night. We had booked her again for Dec 2012 while we were supposed to be there on the Breeze but the port stop got cancelled which was very disappointed to say the least. Used her again this past May on the Victory and loved her hands again. I really would not hesitate to recommend her.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived