Driver from Phu My Port to Saigon & back

cookie at home

Can anyone recommend a good driver that can pick us up from cruiseship port & drive us into Saigon so we can do some shopping , have lunch and soak up the atmosphere and then drive us back to the port .:) We have been to Vietnam before and done the war museum/ palace etc etc etc . and had a great day .. and it was far cheaper than taking the ships shuttle to and from Saigon .. now at $99 per person :eek: i personally feel its a bit expensive.for just a drive back and forth ...

• 1 month later...
Can anyone recommend a good driver that can pick us up from cruiseship port & drive us into Saigon so we can do some shopping , have lunch and soak up the atmosphere and then drive us back to the port .:) We have been to Vietnam before and done the war museum/ palace etc etc etc . and had a great day .. and it was far cheaper than taking the ships shuttle to and from Saigon .. now at $99 per person :eek: i personally feel its a bit expensive.for just a drive back and forth ...

We are on the Diamond Princess in Nov 2012 and thinking of doing the same as you,... looking for a driver to take us to HCM and back, as we have also been before and just want to go for some shopping, have you had any suggestions from anyone?

• 1 month later...

Hi there. If you do find somebody, please post your thoughts. We'll be there in January and probably be interested in the same thing. Having said that, I saw mention somewhere that you can get a hydrofoil or the like from the port into Saigon. Have you heard anything about that?

Cheers, Bev

Hi there. If you do find somebody, please post your thoughts. We'll be there in January and probably be interested in the same thing. Having said that, I saw mention somewhere that you can get a hydrofoil or the like from the port into Saigon. Have you heard anything about that?Cheers, Bev

Dont go anywhere near the hydrofoil if you are only there for the day.

it is old

its unreliable

it breaks down

it gets caught in fishing nets ..etc ..etc.. etc.....

Wow, David - you have convinced me. Actually, since posting the above, I've caught similar warnings on other threads, I think some by you, and they were certainly enough to put the wind up me. I think I'll stick to the straightforward road transfers into the city.

Cheers,

Contact Zoom. He is normally a guide but he will almost certainly arrange a driver if that's all you want. He is good. dungzoom@gmail.com

Doing Exactly in the same in march but also taking in Hanoi and Hue/Denang. Ive heard that you can get a taxi outside the port gates but not sure how reliable or safe they are.

Dont really fancy going on the ships organised tour but dont want to miss out.

Any advice would be really gratefull

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We have contacted zoom for a driver for the day.

The pick up is from my Phu port gate, approx 10-15 min walk from ship.

Can anyone advise whether the walk has good lighting as we will return after dark and is it safe etc?

Archived