Voyager Dry Dock?

eliana

There does not seem to be a cruise on Voyager between October 13 and 23 2013. Is it going into dry dock, and if so what for? Furthermore, there are two deck layouts one before and one after 12 November, but I cannot see any material difference.

My copy of 'Regentimes' (received today) says:

"Voyager's make-over will take just nine days while in dry-dock in Marseille, France, prior to her 10-night cruise from Rome to Venice departing on 23 October."

Hope this helps.

What is the heading for the news release as I really cannot find reference to Voyager.

Here's the heading and first paragraph of the press release:

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Announces Refurbishment Seven Seas Voyager

Miami, June 26, 2013 – Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced today that a Seven Seas Voyager will receive a multi-million dollar refurbishment at the ship's scheduled dry dock in October. The all-balcony, all-suite 700-guest capacity vessel will enter dry dock on October 14 in Marseille, France and will unveil her new look on October 23 when she sets sail on the 10-night Lands of Myths, Seas of Fables cruise from Rome to Venice.

Very odd. I cannot find this on the Regent website

It's on a link at the bottom of the Regent website under "press releases" really and truly we are not making this up!

Also if you "Google" it the press release comes right up, "Regent Seven Seas Voyager Dry Dock" :)

Are you in the UK?

The web site is quite different over here.

It is very helpful for all posters to have their profile at the very least show what country they are from as the rules and websites are abit different in each country. Hard to be helpful without some basic info!

Just sayin :)

It is very helpful for all posters to have their profile at the very least show what country they are from as the rules and websites are abit different in each country. Hard to be helpful without some basic info!

Just sayin :)

I have to agree with you.

It would also be nice if we didn't have two threads about the Voyager's dry dock going at the same time. Is it really worth all of this discussion? DaveFr, thanks for trying to make it clear. It didn't seem to work...... so, I'm pasting the portion of the press release that pertains to the dry dock. Good suggestion about including the country you are from since there are differences -- depending upon the country you are from.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises Announces Refurbishment Seven Seas Voyager

Miami, June 26, 2013 – Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced today that a Seven Seas Voyager will receive a multi-million dollar refurbishment at the ship's scheduled dry dock in October. The all-balcony, all-suite 700-guest capacity vessel will enter dry dock on October 14 in Marseille, France and will unveil her new look on October 23 when she sets sail on the 10-night Lands of Myths, Seas of Fables cruise from Rome to Venice.

"In keeping with our on-going commitment to deliver the most all-inclusive luxury travel experience, we are making improvements to Seven Seas Voyager that will enhance our guests' overall experience," said Kunal S. Kamlani, president of Regent Seven Seas Cruises. "Within the past five years, we have made significant investments in a comprehensive refurbishment program that has updated our fleet of elegant, stylish and sophisticated ships that are designed with the comfort of our discerning guests in mind."

As part of the ship's refurbishment plans, the company will re-decorate all Penthouse Suites in a stunning new décor with custom-crafted elegant furnishings, plush carpeting, curtains, wall coverings, furniture, lighting, original artwork and outdoor furniture.

A complete refurbishment is also planned for the Horizon and Observation lounges. The venues will receive distinctive new bars, furniture, carpeting, wall coverings, lighting and original art. Additionally, the Constellation Theater will be refurbished with new carpeting, wall coverings, tables, wall sconces, banquettes and chairs.

New plush carpeting will be installed throughout the interior of the ship and all public spaces will receive an eclectic selection of original artwork. The atrium will be outfitted with fine marble and receive new furniture.

Outside, new teak will be installed on all balconies. The outdoor relaxation area on Deck 11 and outside the Observation Lounge on Deck 12 will receive new resort-style furniture and decor.

I have to agree with you.

Frankly, it is even more helpful to be a bit more specific than that! Where in Australia, which State.... So many different time zones and with questions regarding airlines and connections it helps not to try to guess or trying to coax info from the poster in order to provide the best advice....

But wishing is not getting

Frankly, it is even more helpful to be a bit more specific than that! Where in Australia, which State.... So many different time zones and with questions regarding airlines and connections it helps not to try to guess or trying to coax info from the poster in order to provide the best advice....

Are you talking about flights in general? Just asking because the last I knew, Regent did not provide free air from Australia ( or Europe)

Are you talking about flights in general? Just asking because the last I knew, Regent did not provide free air from Australia ( or Europe)

No Jackie, just a bit more info in general as many folks have questions, concerns or complaints that can best be answered by having a general idea as to where in the world the poster is from. And in the US it's helpful to know where in the country they are from.....

Oh heck it's just a pet pieve of mine, just like have info in signatures about a posters past cruise experience its just helpful in knowing how best to help a poster.

Now maybe we should get back to the topic of the thread or is it threads!

The OP has London listed... What more do you need?

The OP has London listed... What more do you need?

Bless her heart !!!! She just changed her profile info.... London was not listed before and know we know she does not have access to the same website that Regent US cruisers see....

Thanks Eliana!

Archived