Aida had a run in with a Hamas Rocket

Cruise Junky

Thank you for your concern.

I posted this on another thread a couple of hours ago:

I happened to be looking at Cruise Critic, and spotted this thread. A moment or two later the air raid sirens went off (we live right outside Jerusalem). I moved here 15 years ago from NJ, but this is the first time I had to go down to our bomb shelter. As we started opening the door to our shelter, we heard and felt a large boom.

We're back in our apartment now, and are reading that 4 missles were intercepted over Jerusalem.

Two years ago was the first time in 40 years that air raid sirens went off in the Jerusalem area. I was traveling solo on the Carnival Breeze transatlantic; my husband was in Israel. The missile barrage (2000 missles in 2 weeks) began just as we started the crossing. I cannot begin to tell you how difficult it was for me to be in the middle of the ocean, knowing my husband was running for cover at home. (I have to say that the Guest Services people really, really came through for me- they handed me a sattelite phone and told me I could come down to them anytime 24/7 and call my husband.)

Please don't make light of this. Dozens of missles have been falling here the past 2 days, and tonight Tel Aviv and our capital city, Jerusalem, came under attack.

I hope it doesn't happen, but if your itinerary is changed to skip Israel, be calm and understand.

I just realized my ears are ringing. Funny that I didn't notice that until now.

Perhaps foolishly, but still with hopes of peace,

Ruth

Shalom.

We are following the news. We have friends and family all over Israel. Some in Ashdod and Beit Shemesh. Others on the coast, Haifa, and Beit Chan. We hope to be in Israel in October on the Celebrity Silhouette. We make final payment on the cruise this week. We will go no matter what, hope the ship still makes it to Israel.

Suspect this situation will be resolved in terms of returning to what is normal for Israel long before October.

Praying for peace for all involved. These latest incidents involving the killing of young people is unacceptable.

Thank you for your concern.

I posted this on another thread a couple of hours ago:

I happened to be looking at Cruise Critic, and spotted this thread. A moment or two later the air raid sirens went off (we live right outside Jerusalem). I moved here 15 years ago from NJ, but this is the first time I had to go down to our bomb shelter. As we started opening the door to our shelter, we heard and felt a large boom.

We're back in our apartment now, and are reading that 4 missles were intercepted over Jerusalem.

Two years ago was the first time in 40 years that air raid sirens went off in the Jerusalem area. I was traveling solo on the Carnival Breeze transatlantic; my husband was in Israel. The missile barrage (2000 missles in 2 weeks) began just as we started the crossing. I cannot begin to tell you how difficult it was for me to be in the middle of the ocean, knowing my husband was running for cover at home. (I have to say that the Guest Services people really, really came through for me- they handed me a sattelite phone and told me I could come down to them anytime 24/7 and call my husband.)

Please don't make light of this. Dozens of missles have been falling here the past 2 days, and tonight Tel Aviv and our capital city, Jerusalem, came under attack.

I hope it doesn't happen, but if your itinerary is changed to skip Israel, be calm and understand.

I just realized my ears are ringing. Funny that I didn't notice that until now.

Perhaps foolishly, but still with hopes of peace,

Ruth

Ruth, I read this on the Princess boards. How awful for you. Stay safe

Shalom.

We are following the news. We have friends and family all over Israel. Some in Ashdod and Beit Shemesh. Others on the coast, Haifa, and Beit Chan. We hope to be in Israel in October on the Celebrity Silhouette. We make final payment on the cruise this week. We will go no matter what, hope the ship still makes it to Israel.

Suspect this situation will be resolved in terms of returning to what is normal for Israel long before October.

Praying for peace for all involved. These latest incidents involving the killing of young people is unacceptable.

We're going on October too on Celebrity silhouette on October. With all the stuff going on in Israel, anyone else having second thoughts on this cruise? Main reason we took this cruise is because of Israel. Even before all this, we already had some concerns but now this. It would have been our first time on a cruise and Europe and Israel, so it'll be sad to postpone this trip.

What is the likelihood of Celebrity changing the itinerary? Where else could they change it too? Do they even have tours there right now even with all what's going on there?

Even if Celebrity doesn't change the itinerary, I'm afraid there is still that feeling of concern that will not go away so I'm having a hard time making the decision on whether to cancel this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived on a kibbutz for a year near Netanya in the late 70's. I was in contact with a friend who said that it's very bad and looks like it's going to get worse. The world is a very unstable place, and if the cruise is diverted or cancelled...so be it. Priority is safety for all.

Pray for peace. The IDF has an interesting Twitter feed for updated info if anyone is interested.

Ruth,

Stay safe and prayers for all the people of Israel.

On my last cruise our ports in Egypt were cancelled and we had an overnight in Haifa. It was my first visit to Israel and I was overwhelmed. Our first day was Holocaust Remembrance Day and our guide arranged for us to attend a service. It was so moving. It is very sad to hear about the hostilities happening now.

We're going on October too on Celebrity silhouette on October. With all the stuff going on in Israel, anyone else having second thoughts on this cruise? Main reason we took this cruise is because of Israel. Even before all this, we already had some concerns but now this. It would have been our first time on a cruise and Europe and Israel, so it'll be sad to postpone this trip.

What is the likelihood of Celebrity changing the itinerary? Where else could they change it too? Do they even have tours there right now even with all what's going on there?

Even if Celebrity doesn't change the itinerary, I'm afraid there is still that feeling of concern that will not go away so I'm having a hard time making the decision on whether to cancel this cruise.

We made final payment today. We have cruised a number of time to Israel in the past. Out of 6 cruises, we had only 1 major itinerary change, on Crystal years ago, Egypt was dropped and we still made Israel, went to Istanbul instead of Egypt. On our last two cruises, we were informed once be boarded in Rome, that the port of Ashdod was dropped and we would spend the entire time in Haifa instead. We feel this is likely to happen again. We booked this cruise primarily for the 3 days in Israel, so we are not happy about the loss of time in port due to the ship's mechanical problem - that is another issue non of us can control. But are still willing to gamble that the ship will still make the port of Haifa. In the past, Israel has managed to get a handle on these situations in a short period of time. We have 3 months... so feel it is worth a gamble for us. Don't know if this helps, the truth is no one knows what will happen.

• 6 months later...
Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

Ruth

I am new to this forum, but not CC. We continue to pray for peace. We have decided to take an organized tour with a group from Colorado, and 6 of us will arrive in Tel Aviv three days ahead of the group. Do you have suggestions for things we could do on our own. We think 10 days of organized tours will be more than enough for us! We are looking at renting an apt for 3 days, but not sure yet. Any information would be so appreciated. Thank you.

I am new to this forum, but not CC. We continue to pray for peace. We have decided to take an organized tour with a group from Colorado, and 6 of us will arrive in Tel Aviv three days ahead of the group. Do you have suggestions for things we could do on our own. We think 10 days of organized tours will be more than enough for us! We are looking at renting an apt for 3 days, but not sure yet. Any information would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Gracebest,

I suggest you repost your message in a new thread in this section of CC. You can do so, by clicking on New Thread in the top left below the blue bar (on the webpage) on this page above the announcements.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

You were probably scared off by the notice not to start a new thread about recommendations. This is to stop tour companies from soliciting customers.

And of course, create a meaningful subject line!

Hi Gracebest,

I suggest you repost your message in a new thread in this section of CC. You can do so, by clicking on New Thread in the top left below the blue bar (on the webpage) on this page above the announcements.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

You were probably scared off by the notice not to start a new thread about recommendations. This is to stop tour companies from soliciting customers.

And of course, create a meaningful subject line![/quote

Thanks so much for the helpful suggestions. :)

You are referring to an incident 7 months old and before the armed conflict that started as a result of the Palestinians shooting rockets into Israel. .

Edited by dabear